Original Orchestral Instrumentals w/ American Instruments Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Original Orchestral Instrumentals w/ American Instruments Forward

Post by jdkotaska » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:35 pm

Another forward... its been a great week!

https://soundcloud.com/dean-kotaska/mid ... in-c-major

The listing:

Y190619OI

ORIGINAL ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTALS that include American Instruments are needed by an A-List Film/TV Music Publishing Company that always shoots for high-end placements.

They’re on the hunt for Full-Length, Instrumentals in All Tempos that have the general style and vibe of the following references:

Vivaldi Concerto for 2 Mandolins in G RV 532

Joseph Haydn Guitar Concerto in D major

Please submit ORIGINAL well-composed Orchestral Instrumentals that are coupled with American Instruments like (but not limited to) dobros, acoustic guitars, etc.

We're aware that one of the references our client gave us has a mandolin in it, and that mandolins originated in Italy, not America. The client is always right, so we still included that reference. If you’re using any virtual instruments, they need to sound incredibly convincing! Please avoid submitting anything that sounds stiff, synthetic, or MIDI-driven. The more authentic sounding, the better!

TAXI Tip: While this is the perfect opportunity to show off your composition and arrangement skills, you should still convey one emotion, one mood, and one motif from beginning to end. Having a developmental “arc” that makes your piece feel like it’s moving forward is a good idea.

Your submissions should be 2 to 3 minutes in length, give or take. If they go to 4 or 5 minutes, that’s okay! Non-faded endings should work best for this pitch, but that’s not an absolute requirement. Do not copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - Short Critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT), on Wednesday, June 19th, 2019. TAXI #Y190619OI

ricschmitz
Active
Active

Re: Original Orchestral Instrumentals w/ American Instruments Forward

Post by ricschmitz » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:04 am

Great work.
You know your baroque "concerti grossi "

Wher did you record it ?

jdkotaska
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Original Orchestral Instrumentals w/ American Instruments Forward

Post by jdkotaska » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:22 am

ricschmitz wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:04 am
Great work.
You know your baroque "concerti grossi "

Wher did you record it ?
I wish I could take credit for this. It's a collaboration with my brother-in-law -- he composed it and we recorded it in a little studio that I threw together in my basement.

I would have liked to have spent more time on this, but I was working night shifts for awhile and it came down to the last day. I'd like to think it would have been much better if we'd spent more than one day on it. Hopefully, if someone wants to put this in their library, they'll give us a chance to clean it up a bit first, lol.