Owwwww and s***t

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Owwwww and s***t

Post by ernstinen » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:39 am

I just heard an interview with Ronnie Lott, who was probably the best NFL safety ever, talk about the time he mangled his left pinkie in a pro football game. (This guy was one of the toughest hitters in the game, and relied on passion and soul to inspire his teammates.) So, the doctors told him he had two choices: 1.) Just "suck it up" and go back in the game; 2.) Have surgery and be out for the season.Lott told them "Option #3: Cut off the end of my finger." And they did. Can you believe that!?Ouch! Ern

darkmage

Re: Owwwww and s***t

Post by darkmage » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:16 pm

Bummer about the finger,I know what its like. Glad you're on the mend.I cut off the end of my middle finger (at the first knuckle) when I was 3 years old and can still remember that pain!.Just happened to be one of the first microsurgery cases in the world due to that (they managed to sew it back on and repair the tendon (dunno how though). I decided I would cut some cheese with one of those knives you mentioned (like a hot knife through butter) and slipped off the little stool i was using to reach the bench.Picked up my finger and ran into my Mum crying Honestly though, hasn't affected my playing style on guitar, I'm still terrible Anyway, thought I'd post just to let you know there are others out there that suffered the same fate and there is still music after such an incident. Take care