Payment methods - Getting ready

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gpgallian

Payment methods - Getting ready

Post by gpgallian » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:48 am

Hello there,
and thanks for giving us the chance of using the forum!
I have a question: just to be prepared, what system do representatives, labels, agents and such that use taxi as a means to find their wanted talents commonly use to send payments? Does it depend on the total amount? What is the best way to get ready for us musicians? Thank you.
Gianpaolo

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Payment methods - Getting ready

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:48 am

gpgallian wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:48 am
Hello there,
and thanks for giving us the chance of using the forum!
I have a question: just to be prepared, what system do representatives, labels, agents and such that use taxi as a means to find their wanted talents commonly use to send payments? Does it depend on the total amount? What is the best way to get ready for us musicians? Thank you.
Gianpaolo
Most of our earnings come through our Performing rights organisation as backend royalties. So SIAE would be your native option in Italy, or you could join one of the US PRO's like ASCAP or BMI if you think you will be mostly trying to sign music to US based libraries for US TV shows etc. The US banking system seems to be about 20yrs behind Europe as they still issue cheques when I haven't seen one in the UK since the late 90s / early 2000's so think carefully and weight up thr pros and cons before you decide to join one instead of the SIAE.

For other monies outside of royalties it's often a direct bank transfer or Paypal or WISE for me. I'm sure there are other methods that people have encountered. If you're just starting out you might not received payments for a year or two so other than joining a PRO I wouldn't worry too much about it at this stage.

Mark

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:52 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:48 am
If you're just starting out you might not received payments for a year or two so other than joining a PRO I wouldn't worry too much about it at this stage.
+1 This is cart before the horse. Make sure you've joined a PRO and focus on the music for now.

gpgallian

Post by gpgallian » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:16 am

Thank you so much, guys,
I'm a long-time member of BMI at this point, that's the reason for the question.
I did my homework...
At least, I hope so...
:-)
Gianpaolo Gallian, Dott. Mag.
Musician / Drummer / Performer / Educator
web: https://gpgallian.com
taxi: https://www.taxi.com/members/gpgallian