"Peaceful Jazzy Feeling" feat. Andre (S240201EZ)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

"Peaceful Jazzy Feeling" feat. Andre (S240201EZ)

Post by irthlingz » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:47 pm

Cover of "Peaceful Easy Feeling", featuring Andre Stepanian on guitar. How can we improve this? (Due Thursday.)

Peaceful Easy Feeling with Fiverr lead vocal

version II" (lead guitar down 6dB)

version I

Advertising
COVER Versions of the classic hit song, "PEACEFUL EASY FEELING" with Male, Female or Duet Vocals are needed for an for an (up to) $3,000, Direct-to-Client placement for an Ad Campaign. The song will be used in online and in-store promotion for a new Boutique Brand.

This Company is looking for Covers of the Song "Peaceful Easy Feeling."

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Unfortunately, we're unable to post the name of the original artist or a reference link to the original version, but yes, we mean THAT version by THOSE guys! ;)

Quoting the Client: "We're looking for a Cover Version of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" that reimagines the original while maintaining recognizability. The chorus is the most important section of the song, but a full version is needed. Male Vocals or Male/Female Duets are preferred, but Female Vocals are okay as well."

Please submit Covers of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" that are easily recognizable (it's NOT advisable to change the lyric or melody), but still offer a fresh, unique take on the original. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and realistic. Cool vocals that help grab listeners' attention while maintaining the peaceful easy feeling conveyed in the song could serve you well.

Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

The upfront fee for this placement is (up to) $3,000, depending on the ultimate use. This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so the material you submit for this request CANNOT be signed with other publishers or catalogs. The specific deal points will be handled on a case-by-case basis. You must own or control your Master Recordings to pitch for this opportunity.

Please submit as many different versions of the Song as you’d like, online or per CD. NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS for this request. Sorry folks, but we're on an extremely rigid deadline for this, so please don't ask! All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Thursday, February 1st, 2024. TAXI # S240201EZ
Last edited by irthlingz on Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: "Peaceful Jazzy Feeling" feat. Andre (S240201EZ)

Post by funsongs » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:57 pm

Interesting, Jazzy approach.
2 items to consider:
1) As much as I'm a fan of Andre's guitar virtuoso - it's too hot in this mix and overwhelming the vocal/lyrics.
Bring that track down several (3db) notches until it fits better and in with 'the band'.
2) Harmonies on the Chorus would help.

2 cents from The Peanut Gallery.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:33 pm

This is a somewhat high bar listing since it has that sync fee.

The mix sounds disjointed to me, levels all off, doesn't gel together well at all. I can't you how to fix it, others can. My ears are just OK but I usually can tell very good from very bad. A library A&R wouldn't be with it for 20 seconds. Sorry if that sounds harsh. :( Also, the listing mentioned needed an excellent vocal and your vocal isn't that.

Best,
Casey

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:45 pm

Thanks, guys, really appreciate the feedback! Just put up a new version with the lead guitar down 6dB. (Link is in the first post in this thread.)

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:28 pm

irthlingz wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:45 pm
Thanks, guys, really appreciate the feedback! Just put up a new version with the lead guitar down 6dB. (Link is in the first post in this thread.)
2 more 'pennies in reply' -
1) the band mix is much better - that should work.
2) as it sounds "Michael Franks"-ish... I have to agree with Casey that you may get a 'return' with that vocal performance.
If you have time (& resources) - maybe even invite a collaborator (I have Lamar Pecorino in mind) - to sing it.

You might wind up with a winning combination.
Hope that helps.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:11 pm

irthlingz wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:45 pm
I listened again with good headphones and didn't find the mix as bad (but not where it needs to be). Turning the guitar down helped. I think someone else has to give you feedback as to whether the timing on the instruments is good-- how are they relative to each other. No matter what, the vocal is a deal killer. You could have gone on Fiver and gotten someone to sing the vocal. Deadline is today so too late for that. The other thing that might be helpful is to send the tracks to someone else for a re-mix (once you have that vocal). Maybe try that on the next one. Yea, it costs a few bucks.

Best,
Casey

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:20 pm

Good idea to cover it this way and Andre is a great guitar player but I gotta agree the vocal kills it dead as far as licensing is concerned.

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:18 pm

Okay, thanks again everyone. Looking at Fiverr for the future. Any suggestions for mixing?

Edit: Actually got a Fiverr version done! It's the first link in the first post!
Last edited by irthlingz on Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:03 pm

irthlingz wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:18 pm
Okay, thanks again everyone. Looking at Fiverr for the future. Any suggestions for mixing?
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/mi ... all-studio

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:52 pm

Thanks, Mark. I actually meant who we might hire in the future if we want someone to mix for us. (Though will look at the doc you reference, too!)