Pending Submissions/Actions/Edit

Before you rant, READ THIS!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Jonharding

Pending Submissions/Actions/Edit

Post by Jonharding » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi all.
My first post on here from recently joining Taxi and so far I love it!
I have 4 pending submissions. On the “actions” section, 2 of them have options to edit and I can even upload a new track. The other two have no option to edit.
Just wondering why only certain submissions have this option and also want to check if I’m ok to upload a different track at this stage? I assume I am as it is pending so hasn’t being listened to for the hopeful forward. But I also wouldn’t want to risk losing my submission.
Any info on this would be awesome!
Thanks in advance guys!!

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Pending Submissions/Actions/Edit

Post by Ted » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:53 pm

I posted a question/comment along these lines a while back-- because I was noticing that I had tracks pending for several weeks, when usually it would be a couple of days to a week or two. I wondered aloud if it was OK to go and replace a file long after the deadline as long as the "edit" function was still displayed next to the submission in the "pending" section. I felt kinda dirty doing so...

I never got an answer, but I'm pretty sure that it's OK to replace a file as long as the "edit" is still displayed. I take it that it means the screener has not listened to the track yet and you're in the clear to edit it. Once the screener has listened to your submission, the edit function is gone-- and your track remains in "pending" until all the results for that listing are released.

Weeks went by and I got antsy because I had three submissions which were pending for a long time-- two for roughly a month before they were even screened. And several days have passed since the "edit" function disappeared but the results are still not released. So longer than normal.

But then I read or saw something where Michael said there is some turnover going on (I think) because of the whole COVID thing so they're a bit backed up on submissions to screen. It seems like some listings are put on the back burner while some more newer more urgent listings jumped to the front of the line and were screened within days of the deadline. Not ideal, but whatever, that's the way it is. I guess just take advantage when you can to edit a track if you have a need and an opportunity.

Ted
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Ted » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:27 pm

And oddly enough, a track I just posted for a listing which has a deadline of tonight has already had the "edit" function removed. BEFORE the deadline. Never seen that before. I was thinking of maybe changing a thing or two but hopefully the screener gods were pleased. :)

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:16 pm

I believe you can edit your submission until the review process has begun. Once your song is in that process, it's frozen. The screening process is more involved than you might think. Screeners may do multiple listens, the head screener may re-review, etc. :D

Casey

MondayMorningMusic

Post by MondayMorningMusic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:36 pm

Once they listen to your track (aka, "screen" your track), that's when the edit button goes away. They don't want you to be changing tracks after they've already screened them. I've had my song be screened before the deadline and get forwarded. I've also had the "edit" button there for weeks after the deadline - that just happened to me on a submission. I haven't had enough submissions to know yet if there's any correlation between them screening your songs early or late and getting forwards. My guess is Michael would say no :) .

Happy writing!!

danielleyes

Post by danielleyes » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:42 pm

MondayMorningMusic wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:36 pm
Once they listen to your track (aka, "screen" your track), that's when the edit button goes away. They don't want you to be changing tracks after they've already screened them. I've had my song be screened before the deadline and get forwarded. I've also had the "edit" button there for weeks after the deadline - that just happened to me on a submission. I haven't had enough submissions to know yet if there's any correlation between them screening your songs early or late and getting forwards. My guess is Michael would say no :) .

Happy writing!!
Thank you for this answer. I came on here with a similar question as the original post. Now I understand why some of my submissions still have an edit button at least.

My other question has to do with the length of time after it has been screened, but before they let you know if it is returned or forwarded. Its been six weeks since the closing date and my edit buttons have been gone for quite a while--several weeks since I first noticed. Should I read anything into the duration, good or bad?

I'm a newbie and suspect the answer is NO, but thought I would ask just the same. Thank you!

Dan

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:50 pm

danielleyes wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:42 pm
Its been six weeks since the closing date and my edit buttons have been gone for quite a while--several weeks since I first noticed. Should I read anything into the duration, good or bad?

I'm a newbie and suspect the answer is NO, but thought I would ask just the same. Thank you!

Dan
They send all the results at the same time. So 'when' they screened it doesn't correlate to what your result might be, except that everyone else got theirs too ;)
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website