Performance royalties

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Gator
Active
Active

Re: Performance royalties

Post by Gator » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Oh, forgot to mention, I dont know anything about PRO so i should look into such an organisation and perhaps join one.
Your Friendly Foreign Gator

coachdebra
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by coachdebra » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:40 am

Gator wrote:Hi Desire. Oh i hear ya partner. I'll try not give you the boring long story, but where i live solo performers with an acoustic only get awful slots playing ballads. I'm in ireland by the way so when i say ballads i mean terrible traditional music. I've tried a few of those open mic nights to get used to being in front of folks without a band. But you wont get anywhere doing that. Last week, i thought i'd try and see if i could get a band together. So, i placed an advert on a musicians contact facebook page explaining what i listen to, where i'd like to take this project etc. The advert got 30 views.
Only 2 likes and only one of those got in touch. You see I'd really need to be located in Nashville or a Southern state for what i listen to but....with a mortgage hanging around my neck for the rest of my life that's not going to happen. So...as you mentioned yourself....my best bet is basically pitch songs and hopefully one will get recorded by someone else. This would hopefully do two things. Make me some badly need cash and get a foot in the door. Yes, i'm probably a dreamer but hey....
Thanks for writing. All tips , ideas and advice are always welcome. You need that independent viewpoint form other folks like yourself.
Actually those numbers are excellent for facebook. Don't decide its a failure on one try - it may just be that FB is a crappy tool for doing what you want.

Gator
Active
Active

Post by Gator » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:54 am

Hi Debra. Thanks for the positive thinking. No, you're right. I should really look into it further. I've been lucky to have seen The band Perry, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bently, Eric church and there was no shortage of people at the gigs here. So Lord knows i cant be the ONLY guy in dublin who likes American country. I'll keep sendin up flares and see whose out there.
Your Friendly Foreign Gator