Personal Successes

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

midnightmyangel

Personal Successes

Post by midnightmyangel » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:28 pm

Though I’ve had several songs forwarded, I have yet to ‘strike a deal’. However, I feel my success story lies within the knowledge I have gained while being a member of TAXI and most importantly – attending the Road Rally. There I learned I should strive to make my own success first, then attracting ‘a label / publisher' / etc. will be much easier. One additional piece of advice that stuck with me was to seek publicity in areas where music is perhaps not the main focus. Since November, I have signed a distribution deal with a national distribution company and have done a series of ‘Mall Performances / CD Signings’ throughout my region promoting my second solo album Midnight My Angel. I have had several articles about me published in non-music related media with a focus being my ‘day job’ of managing a private charter flight department while pursuing a music career. Recently I also signed a deal (that paid $) to record music for an independent film, which will soon join the film festival circuits. I also have a song under consideration (written with all of my previous TAXI critiques in mind) for a MAJOR motion picture due out next year by Dreamworks. Basically I am making my own way and I thank TAXI for guiding me.www.danieldyer.net