Piano-Driven Tension Instrumental

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shenrichs
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Piano-Driven Tension Instrumental

Post by shenrichs » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:17 am

I got a forward today for a PIANO-DRIVEN TENSION INSTRUMENTAL. Here's the listing and a link to my track:

https://soundcloud.com/steve-henrichs/d ... experiment

PIANO-DRIVEN TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful, NON-Exclusive Music Library that gets tons of placements. They’re looking for a wide range of Down-To-Mid Tempo Cues that would work well in Reality TV, Scripted Dramas, or Feature Film placements. Because they’re looking for a range of styles that could work for a variety of placements, we’re not giving references in this Listing. That said, you can send them anything from Solo Piano, Piano as the main instrument in a small ensemble, Piano as the main instrument in an Orchestral Hybrid, or Piano as the main instrument in a piece that’s got nothing more than a cello or tension-inducing synth pad(s) under it. Get creative, but remember that Tension is the mood, they need Down-To-Mid Tempo pieces, and the Instrumental Cue needs to feature Piano as the main instrument. Follow those ideas, give them quality music, and you should be good to go! What might play while a “Bachelorette” is waiting to find out if she’s getting knocked out of the competition? That could work! How about a dramatic Feature Film scene in which somebody’s child has just gone missing and the freaked out parents have just realized what’s happened? Yep, that could work. And how about a scene in a futuristic dystopian Drama when the lab team is working to find out if a virus is highly contagious or not? Yeah, now you’re getting the picture! Your piano can be a straight up recording of a classic sounding grand, something more modern that’s steeped in reverb, or for that matter, even a great sounding electric piano as the main instrument with a pulsing, muted rhythm under it! As long as your Cue builds tension as it moves forward, you’re probably looking good! TAXI Tip: Don’t try to score an entire film with this piece. They really need Cues that stick to one melody, mood, and tempo throughout. Add and subtract layers of Instrumentation as your Cue progresses to keep it from sounding too repetitive or linear, and avoid using anything that sounds dated, or obviously stiff or MIDI-driven. All submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split the sync fee 50/50. You’ll retain 100% of the Master rights, and the Library will keep 100% of the Publishing for any placements they generate. You must own 100% of your Master and Copyright in order to submit for this opportunity. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than, 11:59pm Wednesday, September 28, 2016. TAXI #Y160928PT
DSD Music
"Doing Something Different"

Web site
TAXI

Joseph
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Piano-Driven Tension Instrumental

Post by Joseph » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:33 am

Awesome track, Shenrichs. That's a fast turn around!

-Joseph

artturner
Impressive
Impressive

Post by artturner » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:47 am

Congratulations! I like the way you weave your motif through the piece.

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by daveydad » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:20 pm

Like this! Very creative. Congrats!

SteveC
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by SteveC » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi Steve,

congrats on the forward. Nice blend of textures and instrumentation.

cheers

st

shenrichs
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by shenrichs » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:10 pm

Thanks to all. Regarding the quick turnaround that Joseph mentioned, I noticed that when I started submitting tracks more often, the turnaround time got dramatically faster - I got one reply within three days.

Regards,

SH
DSD Music
"Doing Something Different"

Web site
TAXI

petercole
Impressive
Impressive

Post by petercole » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:32 pm

Congrats Steve. Sounds great and I love the whole approach you took to this.

Onaginoffegin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Onaginoffegin » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:54 am

Congrats Steve.
It's always interesting to me the different approaches we all have when composing music.
Particularly enjoyed your piece.

Henry

steveprobst
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by steveprobst » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:24 am

Nice - tension right away!
Steve Probst

===========================
Songwriter/Composer
Touring Vocalist/Guitarist