placement in indie film

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: placement in indie film

Post by ciskokidd » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:45 am

WAY TO GO MARTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for your success. You never know when an indie-movie will hit it big. Remember "Little Miss Sunshine" was an independent release that went blockbuster. The credit is great to have anyway.Once again, congrats!!Cisco

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:49 am

YEAH MARTIN!!!! That is fabulous!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

jamesm
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jamesm » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:58 am

Woohoo, Martin! Yet another one.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:14 am

And the Martin Chronicles continue! I hope you never get tired of hearing "CONGRATULATIONS!!!" from all of us.You continue to offer hope and inspiration to me and so many other TAXI members. Thank you.BTW, have I mentioned how exhausting it's becoming trying to keep up with all your deals? I'm wiped out already. You are the Swiss Cheezhizzle!Way to go, my friend.
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

steveha2865
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by steveha2865 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:18 pm

Excellent. Glad to hear the good news.
Jazz guy (writer/player).

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:08 am

MartinAwesome Great news. Keep going

chrisbee
Impressive
Impressive

Post by chrisbee » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:33 pm

Quote:hey folks,one of my hiphop tunes (..and my very first deal through taxi) have been placed in a indie film!man, I'm so happy that I "discovered" (for myself) the whole concept of the film/tv-publisher world - it's the most comfortable and exciting way to work I've found to date: I sit in my studio, do my music, send it to taxi and the deals are coming. once the deals are signed, placements are coming - and I didn't have to work for it after the tracks went out of my studio!now that's a cool way to earn money! so jabadabadoooooo - I've found my niche;)cheers,martinHoly cow, nice job Martin! I have to say congrats to you for everything that's transpired in the past 2 weeks. What a roll you're on!I can see why you're getting stuff signed, though - or actually hear why. I've listened to your stuff and I think every guitar player/composer who wants to make a living in music needs to listen to how you compose and how clean your playing is. If the guitar players I've had the misfortune of playing with in my life were as clean and concise as you are in their approach, I may never have stopped playing in rock bands! DOH! cb

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:56 am

Quote:Quote:hey folks,one of my hiphop tunes (..and my very first deal through taxi) have been placed in a indie film!man, I'm so happy that I "discovered" (for myself) the whole concept of the film/tv-publisher world - it's the most comfortable and exciting way to work I've found to date: I sit in my studio, do my music, send it to taxi and the deals are coming. once the deals are signed, placements are coming - and I didn't have to work for it after the tracks went out of my studio!now that's a cool way to earn money! so jabadabadoooooo - I've found my niche;)cheers,martinHoly cow, nice job Martin! I have to say congrats to you for everything that's transpired in the past 2 weeks. What a roll you're on!I can see why you're getting stuff signed, though - or actually hear why. I've listened to your stuff and I think every guitar player/composer who wants to make a living in music needs to listen to how you compose and how clean your playing is. If the guitar players I've had the misfortune of playing with in my life were as clean and concise as you are in their approach, I may never have stopped playing in rock bands! DOH! cbhey chris,thanks for the nice words!acutally, I stoped to play in rockbands a few years ago and one reason was that it wasn't musically satisfying for me with my band mates... I think I know what you talk about you're stuff is great, too - and I'm learning quite a bit from your orchestral pieces!cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments