Placement Number 50 on Young & Restless!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Placement Number 50 on Young & Restless!

Post by Casey H » Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:46 pm

Today I had my 50th placement on The Young and the Restless (CBS). A major milestone!

This is all due to a library contact I made years back from Taxi and co-writing with some of the best Taxi folks out there. Thank you Taxi, co-writers, producers, vocalists, and that Taxi-friendly library with make believe friends. 8-) :D

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!

:D Casey

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Placement Number 50 on Young & Restless!

Post by Paulie » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:36 pm

Congrats... CBS daytime pays well. :)
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:18 pm

I imagine that feels really good! Congratulations!!

=== Michael ===

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:04 am

Casey H wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:46 pm
Today I had my 50th placement on The Young and the Restless (CBS). A major milestone!

This is all due to a library contact I made years back from Taxi and co-writing with some of the best Taxi folks out there. Thank you Taxi, co-writers, producers, vocalists, and that Taxi-friendly library with make believe friends. 8-) :D

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!

Big congrats, Casey!!
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:15 pm

Congrats.

ROI ?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:39 pm

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:15 pm
ROI ?
Don't you mean LOI? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I did well with the YnR placements though I've never analyzed all the numbers over the years. That would take a fair amount of research going back to 2017. A number of the placements were with co-writers who also sang and produced so the production didn't cost me anything. Some I paid for just the vocalist and I think one was a full blown WFH. But CBS daytime pays really good PRO and some of the placements ran for 2 to 2.5 minutes. For a long time now, the biggest portion of my PRO payments are from YnR.

If one studies the type of music they typically use and gets to know this library AND produces their own vocal songs, there are TONS of opportunities for good paying placements with that show and, of course, all profit (other than the cost of one's studio & gear). There are Taxi members or ex-members I know that get songs on there very regularly. The show don't usually want instrumental cues though they sometimes use the backing track without the vocals.

Best,

OwenGrech
Impressive
Impressive

Post by OwenGrech » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:06 am

Nice one! Congrats Casey :D

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:53 am

Casey H wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:39 pm
If one studies the type of music they typically use and gets to know this library AND produces their own vocal songs, there are TONS of opportunities for good paying placements with that show and, of course, all profit (other than the cost of one's studio & gear). There are Taxi members or ex-members I know that get songs on there very regularly. The show don't usually want instrumental cues though they sometimes use the backing track without the vocals.
So is it all just backend PRO $$'s on Y&R with nothing on the front end ? I guess that's cool if it's all being produced in house or for splits as the network placements should generate decent royalties.

Once you get into the realms of paying good people though I'm guessing you'd be needing some decent sync fees to make it worthwhile. I know that library gets a lot of Y&R stuff on the air but do the songs ever land up any anything that generates a decent sync fee ?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:41 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:53 am
Once you get into the realms of paying good people though I'm guessing you'd be needing some decent sync fees to make it worthwhile. I know that library gets a lot of Y&R stuff on the air but do the songs ever land up any anything that generates a decent sync fee ?
As you know, decent (or even any) sync fees are harder and harder to come by these day. I do get them from the Critical folks, 1-2 other libraries, and recently a good one though a sync agent. The "Y&R" library (exclusive BTW) does do other types of placements including some sync fee ones but the majority of the placements are on the soap and all back end. However, I know of cases where someone got a big sync fee one and I was just talking to someone who did at the rally.

As far as "worthwhile", you and I have had this convo a few times. For some, "worthwhile" means profit or even able to quit their day job. For others, "worthwhile" means turning on the TV and hearing your words and/or music come through the TV. We've known each other long enough that you know which category I am in. But if anything of mine is in the black, it's definitely my placements on Y&R.

Regarding back end only for this soap, it keeps on paying a very long time. First there is the initial network broadcast. Later on, there's tons of decent paying international, streaming, and other. So it's a gift that keeps on giving.

HTH

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by funsongs » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:18 am

Casey H wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:39 pm
cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:15 pm
ROI ?
Don't you mean LOI? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I did well with the YnR placements though I've never analyzed all the numbers over the years. That would take a fair amount of research going back to 2017. A number of the placements were with co-writers who also sang and produced so the production didn't cost me anything. Some I paid for just the vocalist and I think one was a full blown WFH. But CBS daytime pays really good PRO and some of the placements ran for 2 to 2.5 minutes. For a long time now, the biggest portion of my PRO payments are from YnR.

Best,
Congrats on the "Gold" anniversary number... and the good report and explanation.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra