Playful and Carefree vocals

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DorothyWallace
Impressive
Impressive

Playful and Carefree vocals

Post by DorothyWallace » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:00 pm

What do you suppose they mean by playful and carefree vocals? Maybe she's not a great singer. Confusing!

Dorothy
www.taxi.com/dorothywallace

CONTEMPORARY POP and POP/ROCK SONGS a la Natasha Bedingfield, Norah Jones, Natalie Imbruglia, etc., needed by a multi-platinum album Producer working with a 24 year old female singer/actress with a major film/TV presence. They are working on finishing her first album, so they need "smash hits" that would work well for a singer with playful and carefree vocals. All the elements of a hit need to be there - smart/clever lyrics that speak to a young audience as well as irresistible hooks & melodies. Female vocals only please. Vocal and instrumental demo presentation must be top-notch! Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than 4:00pm (PST) on Friday, February 5, 2010. TAXI #D100205PR

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Playful and Carefree vocals

Post by mazz » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:30 pm

I interpret that to mean: a melody that's able to be sung in a manner that's playful and carefree.

So maybe kind of sing song-y with not too many awkward leaps? Something that sounds like it's kind of "tossed off"?

Since it's pop music that's being referenced, nothing too heady or heavy, would be my instinct.

I think you may be on to something, this person is probably more of a personality than a trained singer, so they have to sound good singing it, which means something that flatters their voice and abilities, nothing too challenging.

I think this would be a good challenge, to make something that's excellent and that sounds effortless. Probably more difficult than it appears!

Go for it!!

Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!