please critique-quick remix

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Active
Active

Re: please critique-quick remix

Post by 381 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:12 pm

Thanks so much for all of your advice and opinions. To tie up a few loose ends...The horse just liked me and believe it or not there was no PhotoShop involved- Assateague Island has wild horses and they are fairly tame, the horse just came up and posed next to me.The Composite Acoustic guitar- Not sure, Nice acoustic tone, I like the durabilty aspect and really could play in the rain if i wanted to , no humidity concerns and it is stable as a rock, but mine is just a bit off, had issues with the under the saddle pickup not installed correctly, there is no way to adjust the neck and I have a bit of a buzz- I may ship it back and have the re-set it up for me. Thanks again for all of the comments

ideascapes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ideascapes » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:13 am

Hi Craig. I'm listening for the first time here and caught the horse photo too. Was that some sort of picnic date? Were you sitting there strumming and the horse decided to plop down and listen for a while? Did you get a phone number?I like your voice and style a lot. The guitar does dominate a bit, but mainly in the low mids. I'd probably take an EQ knife to it. The bass might need a little work too--it's fairly droney and I'd like to hear it's volume decay more after being "plucked." Hope stick around and participate!Vince

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rld » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:49 pm

Everything I heard has already been mentioned. I like the song.Maybe a loose spot or two.Don't really care for a direct sound on acoustics.Bass a bit mushy.