Please enlighten us

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Please enlighten us

Post by sgs4u » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:25 pm

do you really think insulting anyone else is going to help?

thedivys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by thedivys » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:22 pm

it will get us noticed

carr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by carr » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:31 pm

you passed that point a while back. Now you are in the *yawn* basket which is the one immediately preceeding the trash basket

thedivys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by thedivys » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:10 am

jealousy will get you nowhere, carr. case in point:www.jlsc.com/winners

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:25 am

Congratulations on that success. But I don't think the criticism was actually of your songs, but your attitude on the board.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:35 am

Quote:it will get us noticed Yes, it will get you noticed - in a negative way, which is perfect if you don't want to get in touch with other folks...
production, composition & stringed instruments

thedivys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by thedivys » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:51 pm

Now that was the most intelligent response to my posting here. and the most hilarious. i laughed reading about Tootsie and the fact that people can be full of crap. i'm not angry, i'm not having a bad attitude. i like honesty. is that bad? don't lie to me. if you can't tell the truth, keep your mouth shut. period. that's NOT a bad attitude. i'm a passionate songwriter and i make no apologize for that. our songs kick ass and that's not being conceited or delusional. it's easy to write good songs in the sad market of pop music today.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:35 pm

I always thought the "Tootsie" story made the best analogy as far as pitching songs and getting rejected. I'm not talking about attitude, I'm talking about all the conflicting reviews you get... Too fast, too slow.... too rock-ish, not rock-ish enough... great lyrics, bad lyrics...great production, poor production... etc... We've all been called both a genius and a fool for the same things...Not complaining, just learning to laugh and I think bout "Tootsie" all the time... If dressing up like a woman would help me sell more of my songs, I'd consider it. Casey

donho

Post by donho » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:01 pm

IMHO, I often get the feeling that the reviewer just didn't love my song, so he/she looks for some reason i.e. structure, lyric issues etc. when what they should say is "umm, doesn't work for me, not sure why". I've had the same songs rejected and then forwarded... who knows... So, divy-dude, if your really looking to be "enlightened" (which I doubt), its probabably that the guy didn't dig your Sh*t, and tried to give you some B.S. reason why. Anyway...just another opinion

thedivys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by thedivys » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:50 am

oh yea, peopl with attitude aren't successful in show biz. ha!i'm not even going to post my unhappiness on here anymore.I've realized that no matter how successful or how highly paid one is, it doesn't meanthey know good music or know a perfect fit when they hear it.And just because one's music is disliked or passed over by a 'professional' really means nothing. It's still just their opinion. someone passed on The Beatles .......