Please enlighten us

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

carr
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Please enlighten us

Post by carr » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:05 am

And George Martin Said , of please please me their first number 1 " go away and re do it ".J

thesucker

Post by thesucker » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:10 pm

Quote:i'm a passionate songwriter and i make no apologize for that. our songs kick ass and that's not being conceited or delusional. it's easy to write good songs in the sad market of pop music today.I'll agree with you on the third point, but that song "Shine" sounds like a straight Depeche Mode rip off, IMHO.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:12 pm

Quote:I've realized that no matter how successful or how highly paid one is, it doesn't meanthey know good music or know a perfect fit when they hear it.And just because one's music is disliked or passed over by a 'professional' really means nothing. It's still just their opinion. someone passed on The Beatles .......Ok, but then I completely can't understand why you're so angry and hurt just because of a song that got rejected for a particular listing (in a special situation - the company owner screened).
production, composition & stringed instruments

rnrmachine
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rnrmachine » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:27 pm

I thought your stuff was pretty good if you like that style, I'm not really into it but can appreciate it. I do not know enough about that style of music to see the big difference really. So, in that sense I would agree to the "wondering why not wanted?"Yours does seem, umm how do I say/type it??? harder then DM and I didn't bother listening to "The Killers" so no response to that.BUT... Maybe the guy already has stuff in his library like yours, maybe he sees it in a different way then you see your own music.Taxi got you a chance with an "owner" and he didn't want it but Taxi did their part. Hey, they want you to succeed!!! So they can splash you all over their website as another success story. My first submissions got rejected but I'm pluggin on and you will see me as a success story on Taxi someday. Only an obituary will stop me . Rejection in any form, even when you thought, "I got it for sure!!"... sucks, I know.If I walk onto a car lot and I tell the guy I want a PINK Cadillac and he tries to sell me, a black, red, blue... I think you get my point, I know what I want and he didn't have it.Best of luck in all you do, and remember to use the adrenaline to get better, not angry...
http://www.taxi.com/johnsteskal
Sonar X1 PE Expanded on a Windows 7 64bit system.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Thermaltake PSU 500watts can run 5 SATA
Asus P5QL PRO Mboard with 4GB of Ram
Radeon X1650 512MB Ram
WD Blue HDrives. OS, Sample, Audio.