Re: Please enlighten us

Post by thedivys » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:22 pm

it will get us noticed

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:35 am

Quote:it will get us noticed Yes, it will get you noticed - in a negative way, which is perfect if you don't want to get in touch with other folks...
production, composition & stringed instruments

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:35 pm

I always thought the "Tootsie" story made the best analogy as far as pitching songs and getting rejected. I'm not talking about attitude, I'm talking about all the conflicting reviews you get... Too fast, too slow.... too rock-ish, not rock-ish enough... great lyrics, bad lyrics...great production, poor production... etc... We've all been called both a genius and a fool for the same things...Not complaining, just learning to laugh and I think bout "Tootsie" all the time... If dressing up like a woman would help me sell more of my songs, I'd consider it. Casey

rnrmachine
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rnrmachine » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:27 pm

I thought your stuff was pretty good if you like that style, I'm not really into it but can appreciate it. I do not know enough about that style of music to see the big difference really. So, in that sense I would agree to the "wondering why not wanted?"Yours does seem, umm how do I say/type it??? harder then DM and I didn't bother listening to "The Killers" so no response to that.BUT... Maybe the guy already has stuff in his library like yours, maybe he sees it in a different way then you see your own music.Taxi got you a chance with an "owner" and he didn't want it but Taxi did their part. Hey, they want you to succeed!!! So they can splash you all over their website as another success story. My first submissions got rejected but I'm pluggin on and you will see me as a success story on Taxi someday. Only an obituary will stop me . Rejection in any form, even when you thought, "I got it for sure!!"... sucks, I know.If I walk onto a car lot and I tell the guy I want a PINK Cadillac and he tries to sell me, a black, red, blue... I think you get my point, I know what I want and he didn't have it.Best of luck in all you do, and remember to use the adrenaline to get better, not angry...
http://www.taxi.com/johnsteskal
Sonar X1 PE Expanded on a Windows 7 64bit system.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Thermaltake PSU 500watts can run 5 SATA
Asus P5QL PRO Mboard with 4GB of Ram
Radeon X1650 512MB Ram
WD Blue HDrives. OS, Sample, Audio.