"Please No!" (Dark-Eerie Tension Instr)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

"Please No!" (Dark-Eerie Tension Instr)

Post by johndalenow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Please give a listen. What could I do to improve it? Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... no/s-l3mw9

DARK, HORROR-Style TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful Music Library that’s pitching directly to a TV Series.

They need a bunch of Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the following examples:

Deadly Cults (From 0:37 to 1:23):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjROpIC8mWg

Haunted Towns (From 3:22 -3:59)

Please submit eerie, hair-raising Instrumental Cues that create a tense and ominous feeling. Cues can include Electronic or Orchestral Instrumentation, or a hybrid of both, as long as they’re horror-inducing. Stick to one main thematic idea from top to bottom to make it easy for a Music Supervisor to use your Cues. Adding some sound design elements is okay, but do NOT overdo it! Less is more!!!

Your submissions should be at least 90 seconds long. Non-faded, Buttoned endings will work best. Please do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Thursday, September 26th, 2019. TAXI #Y190926TN

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: "Please No!" (Dark-Eerie Tension Instr)

Post by johndalenow » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:47 pm

CTWF wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:46 pm
Hey John

I enjoyed listening to it - and my BIG problem is, that I don't know the references (see my own thread).
One thing I noticed in comparison to my own track however is that yours possibly is less cohesive in the sense
that (I quote the listing) one should "(s)tick to one main thematic idea from top to bottom". You seem to
introduce more new ideas over track than idea do and maybe your main "thematic idea" is therefore
less clear? :?

As I wrote - BIG CAVEAT, since I have no clue what they want! :lol: I hope someone else chips in!
Definitely creepy what you got there!

Tom
Thanks for your valued comments, Tom. I too was a bit confused as to exactly what they want. It would be great if, we could get videos of what they want, as well as audios. I hope by a "thematic idea" they mean the phrase in a broad sense, but who knows? My philosophy has at times come down to "throw it all against the wall." Sometimes I wish we had more, or better information.

Thanks again, Tom

Best!

John