pop ballad...

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

apjc10
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

pop ballad...

Post by apjc10 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:29 am

This is only a verse and a chorus but I wanted to know what other people thought...let me know...1. Who do you hear singing it?2. Is the chorus satisfying enough?"Nothing More than Everything"http://taxi.com/alanpowell

rlcmusic
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: pop ballad...

Post by rlcmusic » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:21 am

Hi Alan,I personally think this has got great potential..... I think the chorus is strong and I like the phrasing at the end. Again personal opinion here......but I think that the verse would benefit from being lyrically different to the chorus. Message-wise the verse seems quite close to the chorus at the moment....if the verse told a bit more of a story/had more contrast lyrically to the chorus, then I think the chorus would come across even stronger. Just my opinion.....good luck!Rachel

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:13 am

Nice so far, think you're on the right track.... Geo

cyagi

Post by cyagi » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:26 am

I think this has got a lot of great potential and sounds great so far. If I had any feedback, to me, the verse and chorus are pretty similar in style and it was hard to distinguish between the two.In terms of singers, maybe a John Mayer type of song.

twilsbach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by twilsbach » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:05 am

It seems in the range of Elliot Yamin to me. "Baby I will wait, for, you..." (don't actually know the name of the song) I'll go a step further on the verse/chorus contrast commentary and say you haven't written your chorus yet. You've got a verse and a pre-chorus. Also, I think the lyrics need a lot more punch. Very generic at the moment, nothing thats really going to cut through the clutter to get forwarded for a high-bar Pop/Hot-AC listing.

questor
Impressive
Impressive

Post by questor » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:21 pm

Nice overall..One thing I thought was that the vocals need to be brought into the foreground (a mistake I make myself alot).Seems like it is a bit short, and there could be more instrumental changes between the verse and the chorus.Overall, a very nice song, that could grow into an even stronger song.Regards.