positive statement

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

positive statement

Post by ronnie35 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:17 pm

I am always impressed with Taxi members who have a ton of cues.How do you come up with so many different ideas? FOR MELODIES,RHYTHM, STRUCTURE
Great job guys
Ron :)
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: positive statement

Post by DouglasKnight » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:39 am

I completely agree Ron -- I'm always impressed by the level of creativity and musicianship of Taxi members, and I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help each other out in the forum.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:10 am

I think everyone is blessed with some measure of creativity that they can apply when artistic inspiration strikes in order to conjure up musical expression in some form. Whether or not the end result is suitable for sync, or for unleashing on the general public, or only keeping it to yourself, is another matter. :)

If you want to focus only on sync music then there's a ton of inspiration in the Taxi ref tracks and listings, although you could also listen to whatever is in the same wheelhouse or TV show or artist's repertoire. Analysing ref tracks and creating something similar, or at least that would fit on the same playlist, is a good way to learn about styles and genres as well as production techniques. I'd also say that I find nothing more daunting than a blank canvas when there's freedom to fill it any way I choose, but as soon as there are constraints and boundaries in place (i.e. listing requirements) its human nature (or at least mine) to want to solve that puzzle. Taxi listings don't even have to be live or current to give you something to work towards.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Zaychi
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Zaychi » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:27 am

Agreed... something like "create something with only G#, A and D chords" works as well.

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:48 am

Zaychi wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:27 am
Agreed... something like "create something with only G#, A and D chords" works as well.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

I hope I'd be allowed to use a G# minor chord for that one!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:19 am

Pro Tip Try C-Am-F-G

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:47 pm

Thank you everyone :)
Ron
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org