Possible good news today

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Possible good news today

Post by Casey H » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:32 pm

Hey allA few weeks back I responded to a blurb in the IFS Newsletter (Inspiration for Songwriters) about an artist with some backing looking for songs. I got an email today that he may be interested in 2 of my songs. I don't want to say too much and jinx something that is very preliminary ...Fingers crossed... Casey

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Possible good news today

Post by edteja » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:14 am

Very cool Casey. Will cross appropriate digits on your behalf.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

applewormy

Post by applewormy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:38 pm

good luck casey!

mrbassman

Post by mrbassman » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:19 am

Hi Casey.Good luck to you from my side, too! Is IFS online somewhere? "Inspiration for songwriters" sound like something I could need Chris

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:48 am

Hi Well this one looks really good. I have been in touch with the artist's manager and the artist is learning 2 of my songs for recording & likely inclusion on his next CD. The songs are "What a World" and "Painfully Single".Fingers and toes crossed! This one looks pretty good! If you have a chance, plese stop by www.caseysongs.com , give a listen to some songs, and sign the guestbook...PS I recommend you sign up for Ande Rasmussen's IFS free newsletter. Visit http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/DIFS/ . Casey

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:31 pm

Congrats Casey! Here's hoping this artist will sell a million. Thanks for the link to IFS too, looks intriguing.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:49 am

Hi allThanks for the friendship and support! I am in touch with this artist's manager and all is proceeding well!!! yay! In fact, there may be a live performance of 1-2 of my songs in Sept in front of a VERY large crowd at a festival.Sorry for the sketchy details... I can' t take a chance that my contact will be hounded with requests.Something interesting: A few years ago, when I first wrote "Painfully Single", I attended a songwriting seminar given by a well known author of books/CDs on songwriting who is also a frequent TAXI reviewer (I don't know his ID #). He played samples from our CDs and gave quick critiques. He told me that "Painfully Single" was a good song but no one would ever record it because artists like to be identified with their songs and who would want to say they were "painfully single"?Well, I have always had a lot of interest in this song from publishers. And now, it might actually get cut! I hope it gets cut, makes money, and I can remind this person of what he said!! Fingers and toes still crossed. Casey