What Keyboard_?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What Keyboard_?

Post by brindabella » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:33 pm

Ok, I`m back with another geeky question Is there a "Y" connector or something like that for USb ports?What I want to do is: I want to connect both keyboards to the PC using the same port. No, I won't use them both at the same time. What I need is: have both connected but be able to just turn them on and off without having to plug and unplug.Of course I have other ports but they are at the front of the puter and I want to use the USB port at the back. The reason is simple: my dogs have unplug things many times with their tails
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: What Keyboard_?

Post by Casey H » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:58 pm

Quote:Ok, I`m back with another geeky question Is there a "Y" connector or something like that for USb ports?What I want to do is: I want to connect both keyboards to the PC using the same port. No, I won't use them both at the same time. What I need is: have both connected but be able to just turn them on and off without having to plug and unplug.Of course I have other ports but they are at the front of the puter and I want to use the USB port at the back. The reason is simple: my dogs have unplug things many times with their tails Yes, it's called a USB hub and you can buy it at any computer hardware retail store like Best Buy, Comp USA, Radio Shack, etc. The hub connects multiple USB devices to a single USB port on your PC. And you CAN use them at the same time if you want to. It's best to get an "active" hub as opposed to a "passive" one--- that means it gets power from an AC wall adapter, not just from the PC it's connected to.If you need help, we can pick one out together on-line... Just PM me...RegardsCasey