looking fro software combination

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tunu

looking fro software combination

Post by tunu » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:42 am

hi, i m looking for software combinations with the hardware also..presently i m using cubase sx and reason but i want to shift to logic and protools, can anyone help me out or suggest me what hardware should i use with them or what kind of combination i should use...

augustheat
Impressive
Impressive

Re: looking fro software combination

Post by augustheat » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:19 am

Tunu:A lot depends on what you intend to do with your setup. How many channels/mic-pres do you need? Will you be using Pro Tools or Logic for your primary audio and/or MIDI recording? Obviously, Pro Tools uses their own hardware. The LE systems are the Digi 002 Rack or standalone units, or the M-Box. Heck, you can even find the old Digi 001's out there on eBay. Again, determining you needs will help to narrow down your choices. You can also use the PTLE M-Audio hardware.With Logic Pro, you can pretty much go anywhere. For a smaller setup, I like the MOTU Ultralite or the Traveler. If you got the bucks, the RME units are great! They also make a mini unit that works great with Logic.Again, it all depends on what you want to do with it. (Did I mention that?) Are you recording a guitar and vocals? MIDI? An orchestra? The Mormon Tabernacle Choir? You can go from basic PTLE, all the way to full-blown Pro Tools systems. Of course, budget is another consideration.
Craig Larson
August Heat Productions
Apple Valley, MN

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:52 am

well... my opinion is that your setup needs to work for YOU.In my point of view there's no reason to switch from SX to Logic or pro tools if you can work with SX and are able to reach your musical goals.why do you want to switch?Don't let anybody tell you "..Sequncer XXY has a better sound..."Yes there are some diffrences, but trust me, they don't count until you're on a VERY high audio recording & producing level - and this includes the equipment (monitor speakers, room acoustics, instruments, outboard gear etc) as well as the in my opinion nowadays most important part of the whole thing:knowledge
production, composition & stringed instruments

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nickbatzdorf » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:17 pm

If you're using Pro Tools, you either use Digidesign or M-Audio hardware.