EWQLS or GPO!

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: EWQLS or GPO!

Post by edteja » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:32 am

Dave is right,. I got GPO. Part of it is because the GPO studio works with stuff I have already like Finale Songwriter. Part of it was because I could only upgrade my system somewhat (cost and ability of the system to upgrade). I can't offer a valid comparison, because although I researched both, I have no hands on with the other software, but I can say I am really glad that I got GPO. I like the way it works and the way it sounds (and there is a steep learning curve to making it sound even better through tweaking. My only problem is that now I also need the Jazz Band because of some of the instrumentation. I want to use some saxophones and the drum kit.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nickbatzdorf » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:17 pm

Let's put it this way: EWQLSO Gold (not Silver) is a higher-end product than GPO. It's oriented to getting a big sound with very little work, although of course that's not all it can do. The hall release trails sound amazing. They have some disadvantages, one of which is that they want computer horsepower, but the advantages outweigh that in my opinion.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:19 pm

Quote:Let's put it this way: EWQLSO Gold (not Silver) is a higher-end product than GPO. It's oriented to getting a big sound with very little work, although of course that's not all it can do. The hall release trails sound amazing. They have some disadvantages, one of which is that they want computer horsepower, but the advantages outweigh that in my opinion.Thanx Ed and Nick.Gold it is!

trace

Post by trace » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:08 am

Good choice.I am upgrading to gold and gold XP. For anyone reading this and trying to make a decision on an orchestral lib, Silver should not be overlooked. I have had pieces forwarded using silver. So, if you cannot afford Gold, go Silver.

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:46 am

Johnny Dean,Did you get the package? Is it doing what you want?
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:50 am

Quote:Johnny Dean,Did you get the package? Is it doing what you want?The answer Ed is yes and no.In the end I went for Vitous Strings and Advanced Orchestra.A typical johnny move you might say,listen to the advice and then ignore it. Neither EWQLS or GPO were exactly what I was looking for.Thanks for asking.J

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:37 am

I hadn't heard of them. Can you tell me what the shortcomings of those were for your needs? (For future reference)

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:26 am

Quote:I hadn't heard of them. Can you tell me what the shortcomings of those were for your needs? (For future reference)It's purely a matter of preference Ed.I don't need the level of sophistication that ern or Dave would need,full orchestral sounds,although they are their,I just wanted to sweeten things a bit.J