Sampler software

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Sampler software

Post by nickbatzdorf » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:00 pm

And there's Chicken Systems Translator too, but I'd still rather start with a format that doesn't require conversion. Sample programming is pretty complicated these days.

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Sampler software

Post by matto » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:45 pm

Quote:Quote:you could arguably count Mach 5 and NNXT under "cockamamie" sampler formatsMach 5 can read a number of different sample formats. I put almost all of my Giga libraries into M5. I know some libraries have built in goodies, such as keyswitching (where you can play a key that's out of the instruments range and switch the samples across the board, say to switch from stac to leg) and I don't think that M5 supports that. It's easier for me to use M5 than GIGA because I can save my patches inside my project.but like matto said, it all depends on what your trying to do.ZinkPlease note that I didn't mean to imply that Mach 5 was not a good product, just that it's not as widely supported (natively) by third party developers as the other choices I mentioned. Which would be an important consideration to me if I were to buy my first full-blown soft sampler.I agree with Nick that you tend to lose functionality if you have to convert to a different format, particularly now with things like scripting in K2 (or i-midi in Giga). But of course none of this really matters if all you want to do is some fairly simple sampling and programming.