Thinking on Switching to Pro Tools???

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nelsonortiz

Re: Thinking on Switching to Pro Tools???

Post by nelsonortiz » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:35 pm

Thanks all you guys.. I am gonna research all this and then decide. I never realized It would be this complicated. I have compatable hardware for PT M-Powered I found out. So I ll check it out. Again Thanks.

paradigm

Post by paradigm » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:27 am

Ive done stuff in CEP, Fruity Loops and Cubase.At my most difficult I wrote a track in Fruity Loops, exported tracks into CEP and the CUBASE,,this was a nightmare.Cubase is bulky and doesnt have as good wave editing as CEP or AA.Fruity Loops is now FL studio is easy to get a beat started,, (for the music that I do) but the plugins crash and its wave handing sucks!I think Im gonna start to move over to Cubase and then Pro Tools.The songs that I got signed were done in FL.

nelsonortiz

Post by nelsonortiz » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:55 pm

Ok, I have found and Downloaded a Demo Version of PT M-Powered 7. I like the looks and the feel. I loaded my EWQL SO, My only Problem Now is When I go to set a Midi Channel for EWQL SO, It says "(No Channels Activated"). I can play whatever I put on Channel 1 but can't assign any other channels. If I can figure that out, and PT can hold up with Multi Instances of EWQLSO, I believe Iam Sold on PT. Please Help Me!!!

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nickbatzdorf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:51 pm

If you go to Setup->MIDI->input devices and enable your inputs, I believe that will solve the problem.

nickbatzdorf
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nickbatzdorf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:57 pm

And to use it multitimbrally, you put the EWQLSO plug-in on an Instrument track and then record on MIDI tracks assigned to different channels. The instrument will show up in the MIDI tracks' output boxes, with each channel one step down in the hierarchy.