batch audio processing

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

superflux
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

batch audio processing

Post by superflux » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:52 am

Can anybody recommend a PC software tool that iscapable of performing scaling of the poweron a batch of wave files? At my day job, I need to take 120 spoken-wordfiles and scale them such that they all have approximately the same SPL. Since we will use the same library of files in three different labs, and because they will have to be re-scaled each time there is any change in any of the 3 systems,it's not practical to open each file and set the level manually.I need a software tool that allows you to picka level other than full scale as the level for the normalization. The playback volume of these files must be quite low as compared to some other wave files in the same experiment, and it'snot practical to adjust the amplifiers during theexperiment.The lab I work in is willing to pay for somethingthat is moderately priced.Thanks,Steve

superflux
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: batch audio processing

Post by superflux » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:44 am

Sound Forge 8 looks like it has some batch processingcapability. Has anybody done scaling on batchesof files with it?Thanks,Steve

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Post by 53mph » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:53 am

If you can get hold of an old copy of Cool Edit Pro 2.0, it has a really easy batch process function. You can specify the normalisation to what ever percentage you like and leave it running. Cool Edit is now Adobe Audition and I'm sure they kept that function.I did a very similar job to yours about 3 years ago and our studio started off using Cool Edit because of this easy tool. They then switched over to Mac and to Pro Tools, which I'm sure does the same thing but I never personally used it.I still use Cool Edit for editing mass batches of wav files because it's so darn light on features that it loads up in a flash, is stable as Ann Gable and processes wav files quicker than anything else I've used.Most editing software has batch processing but if your not doing any heavy duty sound production I'd recommend having a look at an old copy of Cool Edit (or Audition if your company is buying it for you )

superflux
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by superflux » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:28 am

Thanks!!

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Post by 53mph » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:19 am

Hey superflux.Did you get the message I sent you?