Bad songs which became HITS

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

prez
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Bad songs which became HITS

Post by prez » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:13 pm

Quote:anything by Fergie (My Humps, London Bridge etc.) I must be in the Twilight Zone. I agree. BTW...My Humps is BEP. I know Fergie sings it but it's officially released by BEP. But her whole CD is garbage.Blessings.
Truth Music - Music You Can Live To
http://www.4Six3Sound.com
prez@4six3sound.com
Twitter: 4Six3_Sound

kouly
Impressive
Impressive

Post by kouly » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:15 pm

This reminds me why I dont listen to the radio any more. If there is a good track that somehow makes it thru the junkI rely on word of mouth to hear about it.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:34 pm

Quote:Quote:anything by Fergie (My Humps, London Bridge etc.) I must be in the Twilight Zone. I agree. BTW...My Humps is BEP. I know Fergie sings it but it's officially released by BEP. But her whole CD is garbage.Blessings. Yes we agree they're bad songs, but once again for all you song police out there, the damn songs sold millions. Isn't that what we all want to do? So yes I agree that Fergie's tunes suck, but would I gladly be a part of creating "My Hump?" I love the sound and music they have recorded. I'm a big fan of bubblegum stuff that isn't about creating a thought process. Remember American Bandstand coined the term, "It's got a good beat!" That in and of itself used to guarantee sales. Getting MySpace kids to download your song or video is an insane market. I want to sell my music & songs to that audience. Because to me, if it sells lots, it's valid and I can learn from it. steve

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:29 pm

This thread could eventually crash the servers It would be less space demanding to list hits that are actually good songs Some songs comes to mind:[Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen][Money - Pink Floyd][Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin]Come to think of it, it might be my attitude that makes me not laughing on my way to the bank.. OK, so here I go killing this thread (it's been said I'm a party killer)

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:07 am

Quote:This thread could eventually crash the servers It would be less space demanding to list hits that are actually good songs Some songs comes to mind:[Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen][Money - Pink Floyd][Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin]Come to think of it, it might be my attitude that makes me not laughing on my way to the bank.. OK, so here I go killing this thread (it's been said I'm a party killer) I think I'm the only person in the history of mankind who doesn't like Bohemian Rhapsody....it did make for nice head banging comedy in Wayne's World though. Money, a GREAT song....Stairway to Heaven....while it's the most overplayed song ever....it's still a standard....good stuff.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:17 am

I'll say that I'm not a 'music snob.' I just don't like certain songs, but I respect anybody who can get a song on the radio, whether I think the song is good or bad.......I certainly can't make any judgements because I don't have a song on the radio. Oddly enough, when I was younger, I HATED disco music....now, I find myself loving it because it's nostalgic, so even bubblegummy, bad tunes have a place.A lot of people bash the state of current country music, but really, that is what people are buying. You can lament the loss of the Steve Earle's, the Johnny Cash's and the Merle Haggards, but people seem to be purchasing the more commercial country. That being said, there is a thriving market for alt-country too...(never thought I'd think of J. Cash as 'alt-country').....you just don't hear about it that much...it's more underground, and the fan base purchases these type of songs just because they love those artists....not because they see them on CMT. I like all types of country, commercial and alt-country. I love Trace Adkins, Carrie Underwood, and Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, but I also love Lucinda and The Old Crowe Medicine Show too. If it's got that 'twang', that is all it needs.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:22 am

Dang, there are commas in my post where they don't belong....oh well.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:51 am

Nobody's child - Karen Young.It managed to get in the top 10 in the UK in '69.If ever there was a wrist slitter. That was sure to be it.The words are as follows.-------------------I was slowly passing an orphan's home one day.And stopped there for a moment just to watch the children play.Alone a boy was standing and when I asked him whyhe turned with eyes that could not see and he began to cry.People come for children and take them for their own.But they all seem to pass me by and I am left alone.I know they'd like to take me but when they see I'm blindthey always take some other child and I am left behind.(No) mother's arms to hold me or soothe me when I cry.Sometimes it gets so lonely I wish that I could die.I'd walk the streets of heaven where all the blind can see.And just like all the other kids there'd be a home for me.R E F R A I N :I'm nobody's childI'm nobody's childI'm like a flower just growing wild.No mommy's kisses and no daddy's smilenobody wants meI'm nobody's child.---------------------------What a sick way to make money out of music eh?
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:28 am

Oops sorry, my bad. I knew the second I was posting, it was a bad idea...the thread suddenly became sort of omni-directional, which was quite opposite the intentAlthough I kinda liked "Afternoon Delight"... but that might be because of the vocal arrangement, which perhaps is better than the songs deserves

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:39 am

Quote:Dang, there are commas in my post where they don't belong....oh well. I,,,,,,,,,hope,,,,this,,,,,,,makes'''',,,,you.....feel,.:;,better/I do it all the time.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.