Parody lyrics challenge.

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Parody lyrics challenge.

Post by jeffe » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:39 am

How about a bit of fun.See if you can find a verse from a classic song. The re-write the lyrics in an amusing way. It should provide us all with a laugh, and also help hone our writing skills. Well, that's my excuse anyway. Weird Al has done pretty well out of it My entry is that classic love song performed by none other than "Michael Jackson" called "She's out of my life". The first verse is as follows:He's screwing my wife.He's screwing my wife.and I don't know whether to laugh or sigh.I don't know whether to tell him why.I'm so happy with life.I'm screwing his wife.Oh I can hear the emotional expression in it now.Anybody else gonna have a go?
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Parody lyrics challenge.

Post by jchitty » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:26 pm

Quote:How about a bit of fun.See if you can find a verse from a classic song. The re-write the lyrics in an amusing way. It should provide us all with a laugh, and also help hone our writing skills. Well, that's my excuse anyway. Weird Al has done pretty well out of it My entry is that classic love song performed by none other than "Michael Jackson" called "She's out of my life". The first verse is as follows:He's screwing my wife.He's screwing my wife.and I don't know whether to laugh or sigh.I don't know whether to tell him why.I'm so happy with life.I'm screwing his wife.Oh I can hear the emotional expression in it now.Anybody else gonna have a go?Well, I've never been good at the kind of stuff Weird Al does, so this is not what you requested, but I wrote a silly song about TAXI the other day when I didn't get a foward...that's how I deal with rejection, so I'll post that song instead. It's one of those bluesy, heartbreak type country songs for sure....lot of steel and piano in this one. I have no intention of having it demoed, I just write stuff like this for an exercise and to have some fun.I'M PITCHING TO TAXI I went out drinking last nightI was sad and my eyes stayed mistyGot another song rejectedBy one of 'them' high bar listingsGot the songwriting blues for sureSometimes it's hard to copeWhen a screener throws down 7's and 8'sA girl can lose all hopeBut I'll keep on tryingAnd success will have to waitOh, I'm pitching to TAXIThey don't let you crash the gateSometimes, it gets a little hard To open those critiquesThey say this song could use a bridgeOr my lyrics need to be tweakedNow, I'm still stuck in 'BamaNo sitting next to Elliot ParkA grammy win for song of the yearIs just a shot in the darkBut I'll keep on tryin'And success will have to waitOh, I'm pitching to TAXIThey don't let you crash the gate(instrumental music, bluesy piano)Yes, I'll keep on tryin'And success will have to waitOh, I'm pitching to TAXIThey don't let you crash the gateOh, I'm pitching to TAXIThey don't let you crash the gate...oh no.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:12 pm

Oh, maybe I will have a good at it, since your 'rewrite' was humorous, Jeffe.Rewrite of Stayin' Alive by the Bee GeesTHE KEEPER OF THE HIVEOh, you can tell by the wayI wear my netI'm a beekeeperNo time for wrong stepsThose bees will sting You on the faceLeaves welps on your backAnd every private placeSometimes I runSometimes I freak outSometimes I swatWhen the bees are aboutNo, I'm not a motherOr a your banker or your brotherI'm a keeper of the hiveKeeper of the hiveYou will see me shakingAnd my steps will start 'a breakingI'm the keeping of the hiveKeeper of the hive, hive, hive,....(disco instrumental)

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:17 pm

Now if Weird Al has already done a parody like this, my apologies...'coz I don't listen to every Weird Al song...I'm surprised he hasn't already done something like this to "Stayin' Alive."

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:18 pm

The gibbs are screaming it out in falsetto right now. Lol.Excellent stuff Chits.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:22 pm

Quote:The gibbs are screaming it out in falsetto right now. Lol.Excellent stuff Chits.Thanks, Jeffe. Be fun to see what everyone else comes up with when they take the challenge.