"FILLER SONGS"

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

soundcircel
Active
Active

Re: "FILLER SONGS"

Post by soundcircel » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:18 am

stupid question :What are filler songs ?

booker
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by booker » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:54 am

it's not stupid. Filler songs are all the other songs on a CD that are not "hits" or expected to be released as singles.

wattywatts

Post by wattywatts » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:27 pm

Thats bull crap. OK so maybe you couldn't make a living at it, but when i buy an album the only songs i ever skip are the radio hits. The "filler" songs are the ones with heart and soul on the majority of records nowadays. At least in the rock scene.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:37 pm

I think's probably got more to do with how much credibility you may have as a writer. A lot of established writers get away with moderate stuff because they have a reputation fro writing good stuff. It's those rose tinted spectacles. Major bands with big followings can record any old rubbish and it will sell millions.If you're not at that level, then you have to write songs that get you noticed, and they are potential hits. You'd have to maintain that to the point where established artists start to come looking for you rather than you chasing them.So. Yes. You could make a living out of fillers, but you will have needed to pen a good few hits first.Unless, of course, you are very, very, very lucky.
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:46 am

Quote: So. Yes. You could make a living out of fillers, but you will have needed to pen a good few hits first.Unless, of course, you are very, very, very lucky.Ah, why didn't I think of that? Just simply pen a few good hits... duh@me... Casey