A Blissful Feast Of Creativity and Knowledge

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ccwheaton

A Blissful Feast Of Creativity and Knowledge

Post by ccwheaton » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:18 am

What a fantastic Road Rally. Every year they seem better and better. There was pure magic afoot for me this year-- all manner of interesting coincidences and connections, meeting wonderful friends and just the right mentors; the evening sea of creativity, in open mics and hallway jams; the humor, the shared understandings, the honoring of each other. I was struck by the commitment, kindness and compassion of teachers, mentors, Taxi staff and, of course, Michael, the big hearted Daddy teddy bear of it all. And I had some revelations and realizations about my music and its place in my life.Even though my recordings are not exactly professional calibre, I'm glad I showed up and just shared what I had, when it seemed right. To miss this experience would have been tragic! This year I decided to spend the money and schedule a few extra mentoring sessions, and it was well worth it: I encourage others to do the same if you are wanting that personal level of critique. I felt fortunate to sit down with these great folks, to receive astute guidance and feedback. And also interesting to realize that some of these folks are Taxi song reviewers. Writing and emailing is a disembodied medium, subject to misreading via our own projections. There is no replacing live personal contact. If anyone is reading this who has never been to a Road Rally, just GO and experience it, and you will realize the care and commitment that is behind each one of those critiques.Hope to keep these friendships up in cyberspace! Thanks to all who guide and inspire.I wonder whether Taxi offers a lifetime membership?Cheers,Carey

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: A Blissful Feast Of Creativity and Knowledge

Post by anne » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:11 pm

Hi Carey, Even though this was my 2nd rally I still went home feeling the same way!

ccwheaton

Post by ccwheaton » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:31 pm

Hi Anne. That's cool!!I am amazed with the way the Rally improves each year. Bravo to all who make it so.Next year I am thinking of going down a night early, so that I won't be exhausted at the beginning (I got very ill this year), and staying a couple of nights after, to have a Personal Songwriting Retreat (PSR), if I can cough up the money.Because each year I get stoked, come home excited to write, and life hits me in the face kinda hard... It would be great to have a little protected space to process what just happened, write or revise some songs, rest, and rejoice! Carey

neilzim

Post by neilzim » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:04 am

Carey!!!!I need to talk to you! Would you please email me your phone number or your email address, to pairadeux@msn.com? You didn't write your email address on the Open Mic signup sheet....Thanks!!! Look forward to hearing from you!--Neil Z of Pairadeuxwww.pairadeux.com