Wishing I could be there

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Wishing I could be there

Post by stick » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:34 pm

Von, you need a new computer. (Though, I should talk with my 1st rev G5 Dual 2.0). And dial-up in LA is very "vintage". But hey... whatever's workin' for you!Matt, you don't need a new computer. You're doing just fine with your old junk. HA HA! In fact, maybe you should think about downgrading to give the rest of us a shot. Or better yet, just retire and move to the mountains. Yeah! That's what you should do!

kouly
Impressive
Impressive

Post by kouly » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:00 pm

Why do you think I am starving? Priorities? What are those?

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:32 am

Quote:Or better yet, just retire and move to the mountains. Yeah! That's what you should do! Do you know a nice place perchance? With lots of trees? And "meadow views"? I was GREAT to meet you stick, and June too!

onoffon
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by onoffon » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:13 pm

Quote:Von, you need a new computer.And exactly what part of "starving" don't you understand?

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:07 pm

Quote:Quote:Or better yet, just retire and move to the mountains. Yeah! That's what you should do! Do you know a nice place perchance? With lots of trees? And "meadow views"? I was GREAT to meet you stick, and June too!Ha ha! YEAH! Come on up! It's mere minutes to Lake Tahoe from my place... ok, like 60. Anytime you're up this way you're always welcome to crash in the studio... the Murphy bed is mighty comfy!It was also really great to meet you, Matt... you really encouraged me to charge the TV/Film thing. Us full-timers gotta stick together.

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:12 pm

Quote:Quote:Von, you need a new computer.And exactly what part of "starving" don't you understand? Oh, I get it. I left LA for a reason! BTW, listening to your disc right now... very cool!

onoffon
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by onoffon » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:16 pm

Quote:BTW, listening to your disc right now... very cool! Thanks Stick - nice of you to listen...I'm still spinning, now attending the west coast jazz event at The Getty. Then, Friday and Saturday nights I'm gigging with my cover band.*whew*I've got some serious listening sessions to the 15 CDs I have from the dots that shared their music with me. I'm sorry you didn't have an extra one of yours to share. Maybe next time...

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:18 pm

Yeah, most of my good stuff is already on my site anyway. I'll be sure and bring enough for the gang next year.