Does the Rally HIT THE ROAD? or THE AIR?

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bobbydazzler
Active
Active

Does the Rally HIT THE ROAD? or THE AIR?

Post by bobbydazzler » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:39 pm

Hi..Does anyone know if there are any plans (or does it already?) for the rally to go overseas?Or am I just going to have to plan my next overseas holiday in time for the rally??I'm down under in Australia BTW...It sounds such a cool idea and there is something similar here but about 3 times the cost!!! and only encompasses Australia and New Zealand music business...TaDan

augustheat
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Does the Rally HIT THE ROAD? or THE AIR?

Post by augustheat » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:54 pm

Dan:I'm not speaking for TAXI, but I don't see them going overseas with the Rally just quite yet...I wouldn't mind if they came to a centralized area in the US, say Chicago or somewhere like that. It would be more of a neutral territory for USA travel. The problem is...all of the mentors, speakers, etc., are mostly based out of the LAX or surrounding areas. I'm sure it would cost TAXI a fortune to have these guys travel to another locale. Probably wouldn't be free at that point. I know of them do travel from other areas, but i'm sure they make up their travel costs on selling books, tapes, etc.Blessings,
Craig Larson
August Heat Productions
Apple Valley, MN

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:18 am

That sounds like scheduling a hockey camp for Death Valley when you are already in Quebec.

augustheat
Impressive
Impressive

Post by augustheat » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:58 pm

Quote:That sounds like scheduling a hockey camp for Death Valley when you are already in Quebec.Didn't the Nordiques (sp) move to Colorado? Blessings,
Craig Larson
August Heat Productions
Apple Valley, MN

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:39 am

Being so new to TAXI, they may already conduct little 'mini Rallys' in Nashville, ( may have missed it in their newsletters) but if they don't, I'd love to see a mini Rally in Nashville. They just recently had a seminar in Atlanta, but it didn't seem "Rallyesque' from what I'd read, although the seminar probably was very helpful to the musicians who attended. If they conducted a Rally in Nashville, I'd be there with bells on! Traveling to Cali's not an option for me right now. It's very encouraging to read all these favorable reviews of the Road Rally. Maybe one day, I'll be able to attend. When I speak about a 'mini' Rally in Nashville, I mean a stripped down one because it probably takes lots of time and expense to conduct the big Rally, but maybe they could have one for the folks who are trying to pitch their music on the country circuit. I'm sure the big Rally does that, but my guess is that a lot of country artists and songwriters live closer to Nashville.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:42 am

@bobby:I'm from Switzerland/Europe and asked exactly that question to Michale Laskov (..sorry if I misspelled his name..;)I thought it would be great (for the visitors as well as for Taxi) if a road rally could take place in Europe - another fair could be used as vehicle, e.g. popkomm in Berlin/Germany.Michael replied that the problem is that Taxi needs to bring all the people (staff, mentors, etc) to Europe while having a limited budget.maybe someday Taxi will also do something like a meet-up in Europe - I still think that this would be a great possibility for advertising for Taxi. Time will tell....cheers,Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

jensen
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jensen » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:45 am

hey I'm happy to be coming to the LA one, always wanted to visit anyway, and LA is seen as the entertainment capital so . . . . roll on NovemberJensen