Sunny Skies

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kitz
Impressive
Impressive

Sunny Skies

Post by kitz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:31 am

Hi ya'll,Was wondering if you could help me figure out what this needs. My perspective is compromised (as usual).http://www.taximusic.com/stream/158099/ ... s.mp3Sunny SkiesI can see her thru the stormI will bring the ocean breeze to rest her in my armsI can put the smile back in her eyesWhen sorrow criesSometimes we find someone to trust Sometimes our little world goes crashing in the dustBut if we know - if we are sureWe will endure - we will endureOh I live to hear the music see the laughter in her eyesI may never understand all the elusive alibisBut when her day is cloudy - bring the lady's softest sighsTo sunny skiesI only hope to see her soonThese eyes reflect upon a lonely silver moonSometimes I'm just so far awaySo far awayOh but I live to hear the music see the laughter in her eyesI may never understand all the elusive alibisBut when her day is cloudy... When the tears begin to fallWhen her day is cloudy Bring my lady's softest sighs To sunny skies - sunny skiesI can see her thru the stormI will bring an ocean breeze to rest her in my armsI can put the smile back in her eyesWhen sorrow cries - when sorrow cries We find sunny skiesThanks,Kitz

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Sunny Skies

Post by heinsite » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:07 pm

hi kitz--the structure of this tune confused this old man----the chorus, which to me is a bit of a stretch even for a bridge, doesn't seem to fit the "niceness" of your verse, which borders on a verse/chorus--as far as the lyrics go, they seem to lack direction--i always try not to look at them when listening, but when i did the 2nd time, i still came away with same feeling of lack of concrete and MORE images for us to "see" for ourselves...too many cliche's for my ears...--and the title, though at first sounds ok "when sorrow cries" ended up not meaning much to me.--this has a good base to it however, there are parts of the production that are excellent, lead guitar work especially, but when you kick in with all the ingtruments/vocals together, it got a bit too muddy for me in the mix.that's all i got tonight, nice effort, though i know it's rough...the best to you,warren

kitz
Impressive
Impressive

Post by kitz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks for the input Warren. I really appreciate it!!Kitz

ideascapes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ideascapes » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Nice sound there, Kitz. I'm probably more forgiving than most people on lyric as I grew up on Steely Dan, and who knows what the heck they were talking about most of the time. This one was slightly cryptic, but I went with it.My biggest comment is just that the production felt very large and crowded compared to the vocal and the message. Seemed like a lot going on all the time when I was trying to just focus on the singer and the words. What was there sounded very good, though.I didn't get the tempo/feel change in the chorus. I guess I'm more adventuresome when it comes to harmony, but not so much with rhythmic oddities. Just me probably...Vince

kitz
Impressive
Impressive

Post by kitz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Thanks for the post Vince!! This IS a rhythmic oddity. It's about making your baby feel better when the world gets her down.The song was written long ago as an exercise in 7/4. I quickly realized that it was too strained to be feasible throughout so it I built it in 4/4 up until the last go around after the guitar solo where it moves into 7. It was really hard to play the guitar fills in 7 and get the vocals in there all timed out. Like I said it was an exercise and I thought I'd post it just for fun.If you have any suggestions as to how to fix the large and crowded production I would certainly appreciate your input. I have my own thoughts but would like to hear what others have to say about it.Thanks again,Kitz

ideascapes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ideascapes » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:33 am

kitz, there were times when the guitar was playing "busy" lines while the vocal was going--that was distracting to the lyric.V>

kitz
Impressive
Impressive

Post by kitz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:16 am

Thanks Vince,I took out most of the extraneous guitar stuff. Kitz

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Won't stream for me Bad computer, bad!!Peace, Geo