"Seniors" challenge..can you still rock??

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

"Seniors" challenge..can you still rock??

Post by feaker » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:08 am

Hi gang, here is the dealIf you are over 50, I challenge you to submit a recent song or song partial that demonstrates that you can still rock. Something you did ten years ago and have on file does not qualify.The song does not have to have ten tracks. You and the Fender would be great.If we get a few submissions, a vote can be made. And if we don't, I will win by default:)I put this together the last couple weeks. I needed but recieved no help in any category. It is raw without tweaking, compression etc. The lyrics are not logical. The song can be turned off after two minutes, because it is not done and just repeats itself.I am looking for someone to say " alright Feaker, you might be 59, but I am 63 and can kick your butt"!! I haven't lost a thing over these years, and here it is.http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... stream=1“E” CrunchSometimes you take me high E7 G ASometimes you leave me lowSometimes I can touch the skySometimes I don’t know which way to go Come on, Come on Come on now babyCome on, come on, You drive me crazyTruth or lies I never knowJust as soon let you go Where you goin,where you been Brace myself here comes trouble again Sometimes you satisfySometimes you leave me blueSometimes I don’t know whySometimes you do what you do

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "Seniors" challenge..can you still rock??

Post by heinsite » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:43 am

well pablo--you've already heard the closest thing i gots in the demos i had done of the 2 that were forwarded recently, so no need to post them again. and it's not ME playing, so i'm not gunna join the game. . .hell if i plugged a fender in and tried to play anything but the few chords i know, it would be very very scary...now, i REALLY LIKE your tune, has a little bit of a neil young feel to me, good rock and roll, and the production is pretty damned good in my opinion. i like the vox too--is that you "old" man?great job paul, i'd finish this off any way you wish to and submit it to somethin'!all the best,warren

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:51 am

oh paul,been diggin in the yard and just thought WAIT-- your tune sounds more like creedence, especially the start, kinda like fogarty's "old man down the road" tune.very solid stuffthe best,warren

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:00 pm

OK..FEAK...here's the first song I did when I joined Taxi last November ...Done o a ZOOM-H-4 If U like MIDI GENERATED ..here it is...GUY'S...NO LAUGHING OUT LOUD !! I won't tell u how old I am , but I'm older than 59...but look 40...I rocked with the flower children in L.A. and became a vitamin and health freak since.... There's a guitar solo in the middle...I submitted for pop rockI keep this song in my El Dorco File .... It's a beautie...HA! HA!..If this dosen't qualiffy I have another one behind curtain 2..LET THE GAMES BEGIN.. Jay....r-man.... http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:46 pm

yo beep beepI think I am already in deep do do in this contest. So much for the default win.Don't know if your tune is that good or if it was the many beers I had at tonight's party.Seriously this is a great song. My foot was taping and my head was going from left to right like watching a slow motion ping pong match.I see now I should have had a screaming lead in mine. This is great fun.Hein guyNobody says you have to physically play a guitar. You just have to be old(er) and include a recent rock song.Not surprised my song sounds CCR. It's that or Beatles usually.I know there are more rockers out there.Bring it on, the grand prize awaitspaul

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:20 pm

ooooh kaaay-here's my entryhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=28609&stream=trueGa GaGa GaVerse 1You must think it's all rightThat you leave me all nightLying here all alone, here by the phoneYou've got me Ga GaStop digging that holeI'm a delicate soulWhy I put up with youI'm getting a clueI must be Ga GaChorusYeah you're drop dead gorgeousI've had my tasteBut you're not comin' back soSay say say say say it, say say sayVerse 2Now it's all over townThat you kick me aroundI'm not only dazed, you have me half crazedYou've got me Ga GaI was lost and then foundBut now I feel like a clownIt's not all on youI'm getting the clues--I'm Ga GaVerse 3You had a sweet kissWhen we started all thisBut I can't stand the viewThe dark side of youHas got me Ga GaI won't give you the slackJust to get it all backThe choice is now mineI won't be two-timedYou're Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (Go)GUITAR BRIDGESay say say say say it, say say sayOutro VerseI won't give you the slackJust to get it all backThe choice is now mineI won't be two-timed You're Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga GaThe choice is now mineI won't be two-timedYou're Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga GaThe choice is now mineI won't be two-timedYou're Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (repeat Ga Ga)YOUR NUTS!

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:30 pm

hey jay jay--i love your tune, VERY soulful stuff, parts remind me of a rough side of al green maybe, especially in the bridge/chorus, or somebody from the motown heyday. i really dig it baby.the best,warren

gongchime
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gongchime » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:41 pm

What is this, the special olympics in here? Just kidding. I should be careful what I say. I'm catching up fast.

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:42 am

warrenI am now toast in this competition.Big sound, great harmony. Love the guitar at say say say.How long you been sitting on this? Has it been on the forum. I can't remember hearing it?Your stuff is getting exponentially better. (not that it was bad before)Hope someone else chimes in about these entries.Great job budPaul

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:54 am

Very cool.Does country rock count?bc