3rd Version , 'Go!, Baby Go!'

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

questor
Impressive
Impressive

3rd Version , 'Go!, Baby Go!'

Post by questor » Thu May 01, 2008 1:19 pm

Hello Everyone! (again ),This is the third revision of my song 'Go!, Baby Go!', which is a fun driving song. I decided to post the third revision (and probably final, since my head hurts from hearing this song about a gazzilion times in the past week ) of this song so that those who have spent the time to give me incredibly helpful feedback can see the new changes that there comments have spawned. While this version is not that much different from the previous version, it does have a significantly decreased stereo effect on the vocals as well as a (slight) increase in the drums (which is limited due to my production capabilities at this time). I also modified the intro (cut the leading drum beat for a more dramatic start) as well as a (fading) one line repeat at the end of the song. Additionally, I added a small (probably barely noticeable) chorus/harmony in a few key phrases, like 'Go, baby go...' and '...Saturday night'.Again, many of these changes are due to the insightful feedback given to me by several forum members including Billg, aimusic, squids, silvercord, feaker, davekershaw, and several others. Many thanks to all of you in helping me make this the best song possible. (Gosh, this is starting to sound like an award ceremony! But seriously, thanks for all the help!). While this will probably be the last version (for a while at least), comments are always welcome, especially if you feel the song took a step backward due to any of the new changes (or the way I implemented them).Thanks again for all the help, QuestorLatest (3rd) Version:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... eam=trueor via MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/mnhprojectHistorical Versions:Older 2nd version:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... trueOldest 1st version:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true)"Go!, Baby Go!"One sweet baby pulls aside and asks me if I wanted to driveNext, I am in these rockstar wheels, with this lovely by my side.She reaches over and whispers light,Saying anything can happen on a Saturday Night.We hit the Interstate doing 95that's when the all lights flash on and the freeway comes aliveShe tells me then that this car she stole,and you know what’s gonna happen if we ever get rolled!You better go!, baby go! Put your foot to the floor and let's hit the road.Finest to the left,Staties to the rightAnything can happen on a Saturday night.Tried my luck the next week with a girl from Santa Fe,She says she likes to feel the rush of speeding thru the lanes.She puts her hand on my thigh, whispering anything can happen on a Saturday nightFlying east on the strip thru the city lights, I got both hands on the wheel and Man!, she's got the sights. Two cars appear in the window view and she says that my crazy boyfriend and his whole damn crew!You better go!, baby go!Put your foot to the floor and let's hit the road.boyfriend to the left,crew to the rightanything can happen on a Saturday night.Seven days later I slowed it down and dated the girl from next store,She's a good girl whose virtues I've really come to adore..But as she hops in the car she touched her ass saying if you want have this, you better go fast!She said go!, baby go!Put your foot to the floor and let's hit the road.We find our dreams on the road better to live em that let em goI learned to see through those nights that it doesn't really matter if she's wrong or right......Anything can happen on a Saturday night....Anything can happen on a Saturday night.

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Go!, A fun song for the weekend, A bit of humo

Post by aimusic » Thu May 01, 2008 9:03 pm

Questor,This song is awesome... I love the concepts, The melody sounds like it loses it sometimes, but the lyrics are really fun and clever... I swear I could actually visualise the entire song as a clip in my head - WELL DONE!!!I think the melodic lengths need to be tweaked, but overall I think you have a really awesome track here... Well done!Take CareB

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Fri May 02, 2008 12:10 am

Great stuff. Won't even need my morning coffee. Love that "driving"beat.I think ya really got something here. Are you playing the guitar? It is very good.I hope it isn't midi. Don't even know if that kinda sound is possible in midi. Personally can't use it.Like you say, it is fun, but I think it is a lot better than you think??? Sincerely Paul

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Fri May 02, 2008 1:52 am

questor....this song has real potential.yeah its a rough version..but thats the thing..you got it down.i REALLY can hear this puppy with in-ur-face vocals.i swear, bro..dont stop till this one is golden!i can hear it!

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Fri May 02, 2008 1:58 am

Yeah, nice one!

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Fri May 02, 2008 3:55 am

I think this song could have a lot of commercial potential with the right "treatment". What I hear that I think would really make this happen is to work it like a ZZTOP thing production wise.

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Fri May 02, 2008 3:56 am

Don't forget to grow the long beard too... ZZ TOP ROCKS!!!! Is that one of the dudes from ZZ in the Nickelback - Rockstar video singing all those kinda cheesy lines like "tell me what you want" and "how you gonna do it"??? looks like it could be one of em....

questor
Impressive
Impressive

Post by questor » Fri May 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Thanks everyone for the great feedback.Freaker, you're right, the guitars are definitely not midi... George really kicks butt on the riff IMHO.Don't think I could pull off ZZTop sound...let's face it, only ZZTop can really pull off ZZTop! Wasn't sure if it was too rough as my production capabilities are minimal... Glad to hear that people are enjoying this tune. This was actually a cast off tune as the original lyrics/melody were stripped off (to go to a different song), but as soon as I heard it this idea just popped into my head and within a day it was done...or I should say, this rough draft was done. Probably not too much potential for this song thru taxi, but perhaps it is worth submitting thru tunecast (or tunecore, or whatever it is called )Thanks again everyone for taking the time to give it a listen.

questor
Impressive
Impressive

Re: 'Go!, Baby Go!' - 2nd version, Opinions Please

Post by questor » Tue May 06, 2008 5:41 am

I just updated this with a (hoepfully) edgier sound that it previously...granted it's still not ZZTop, but hopefully it's closer to what you guys meant.Please take a listen and let me know what you think... and of course, more suggestions are always welcome! Regards,Questor

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 'Go!, Baby Go!' - 2nd version, Opinions Please

Post by keithl » Tue May 06, 2008 6:05 am

I took a look at your myspace link...nice tune!the following is just my .02drums sound a little TOO clean...can you get more of a room sound or saturate the snare a little (especially for the chorus)might be cool to have two drum mixes in the tune, one for the verse and then really kick it up a notch when the chorus comes in.Is there chorus on your vox? I would try a mix without it...just to see what it sounds like.can you get a fatter drum sound? again, these are just me shooting from the hip while listining to the tune.....nice groove...good luck with it!