Americana/Alt. Country-Rock Instrumental Forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Americana/Alt. Country-Rock Instrumental Forwa

Post by llama » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:28 pm

I was just gonna call it a night. Then I saw your link to the song with vocals......Love it love love it.... I really like the lyrics. IMHO the vocal delivery was almost there. No glaring bads but it seemed that your vocals become more confident as the song progressed. So I think the delivery towards the end of the song was better then at the beginning and maybe that's what the screener picked up on. But all that being said..Great song.....I hope you find a place for this with the lyrics.Derek

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by keithl » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:33 pm

Thanks Derek. I am definitely going to recut it. You are probably right. As a wearer of all hats (I play all the instruments I record, as probably a lot of people here do), it's tough to take the time and reall focus on ONE aspect of the tune when are juggling so many other parts!Probably should walk away after I "think" the vocals are done. Grab a drink and then come back.Thanks for taking a listen~

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:06 pm

Quote:I think I heard this before? Great vocal delivery....totally sold it! thanks very much Keith. it's supposed to sound like something you've heard before! You've never heard it, unless you work for Disney... Have you ever sung/recorded a tune with an actual picture of who you imagine singing your song? It's quite an interesting technique, I learned from a cat in England, that used to post here a lot.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:52 pm

Quote:gitarrero:Great tune...is that you on slide? Real good stuff!yep, I performed all instruments.thanks, also to cisco, for the nice words!cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

jmather
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jmather » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:38 am

Good work B Flat. I can hear this song (vocal version) being played at the end of a feel-good movie while the credits roll...Congrats!Justin

jmather
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jmather » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:51 am

Gitarrero - Wow, stellar piece! I love the SOUND you got. It's soft, very wide and crystal clear; and the combination of clean and dirty guitar worked well. In addition to the great production, I think it's the measure of 4 (right?) and the bridge that really makes this tune magical.great work!Justin

drumbri

Post by drumbri » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:13 pm

I wanna be flat to! Dude you are on a serious roll. Well deserved...Brian

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:06 am

Quote:Gitarrero - Wow, stellar piece! I love the SOUND you got. It's soft, very wide and crystal clear; and the combination of clean and dirty guitar worked well. In addition to the great production, I think it's the measure of 4 (right?) and the bridge that really makes this tune magical.great work!Justin thanks - the measure is diffrent: 3/4 with some odd bars in the chorus, 4/4 in the vers.
production, composition & stringed instruments