Coupla new instrumentals

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

elser
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Coupla new instrumentals

Post by elser » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:56 pm

Just finished two tunes and they don't get critiques so I'm just wondering what you guys think. Thanks, ElserNEW LISTING -- ACOUSTIC GUITAR INSTRUMENTALS with very simple arrangements are needed by an Academy Award-nominated Documentary Film Producer. She's not looking for elaborate instrumentation or accompanying tracks that get in the way of the acoustic guitar. A sparsely arranged, lush and poignant acoustic melody is what's really needed here. There is no style limitation, but mid tempo to ballad will be preferable. If you stripped the vocal from a David Gray song, you would be in the ballpark of what this producer is hoping to find. Broadcast quality and excellent performances are a must. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS -- NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI -- and must be received by April 15, 2008.TAXI # Y080415IN'Down Deep'http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=1And the second one called I-95NEW LISTING -- MODERN AND LIVELY POP/ROCK INSTRUMENTALS are needed by an East Coast Music Library who provides music for popular ad campaigns and various Film/TV projects. They need high quality, well-produced :30 and :60 segments for their premium library. Instrumentation and style is open but the sound should be high energy, exciting and contemporary. Nothing dark or brooding, just simple and catchy -- very mainstream in tone. Broadcast quality is definitely needed here. Please submit 2-3 segments online or per CD. Submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS -- NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI -- and must be received by Apr. 22, 2008.TAXI # Y080422INhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=121369&stream=1

steveha2865
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Coupla new instrumentals

Post by steveha2865 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:59 am

I liked the playing and writing on Down Deep but the electronic drums seemed out of place with the nylon string guitar sound/ambience. I'd try an acoustic drum kit and perhaps a string bass sound instead of electric bass. The music and guitar playing are good though.The second piece worked for me. Nicely done.
Jazz guy (writer/player).