Comments needed

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jamesrjones
Active
Active

Comments needed

Post by jamesrjones » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:07 am

http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=1I'm considering this song for the following listing:NEW LISTING -- MODERN POP/HOT AC SONGS are heavily sought after by a Canadian Indie Music Company with Major International publishing and distribution affiliations. They are currently building their own publishing catalog and are looking for songs that can stand the test of time. They're looking for hits and to establish ties with the writers behind the hits... YOU! Male or female vocals are just fine and all tempos will be considered. The better the song sounds (performance/sonic quality), the greater the chances of this company taking notice. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI, and must be received no later than April 23, 2008.TAXI # S080423MPDoes it fit?Other comments are certainly welcome.Dont know how to love youI've been asleep, a such long time, forsakenTelling stories to myself, but now I've awakened.I never, dreamed I could catch a falling starAnd I never, knew that we'd ever come so farDont know how to love youYou make me feel so highno I, Dont know how to love youBut you, you know I'm gonna tryIf you are an angelthen, I'll, I'll learn how to fly, whoadont know how to love youBut you, you know I'm gonna tryI've had my eyes closed, for a long time, I was blindedFor the first time, I can see you, and I'm remindedI never, had seen the light until you shinedAnd I never, lived with a reason, before your rhyme Dont know how to love youYou make me feel so highno I, Dont know how to love youBut you, you know I'm gonna tryIf you are an angelthen, I'll, I'll learn how to fly, whoadont know how to love youBut you, you know I'm gonna trySometimes friends, become loversWe just had to take the chanceWe stepped into another lightand now, we have a billiant romanceDont know how to love youYou make me feel so highno I, Dont know how to love youBut you, you know I'm gonna tryIf you are an angelthen, I'll, I'll learn how to fly, whoadont know how to love youBut you, you know I'm gonna trydont know how to love youBut you, you know I'm gonna try
Jim (Chucky)

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Comments needed

Post by Casey H » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:24 am

Hi CharlieThis is a beautiful song. It has a retro, probably 70's sound. A listing like this is looking for very modern sounding material. You can get an idea what you are competing with at this site:http://www.americasmusiccharts.com/index.cgi?fmt=A2Play some samples of what is on today's AC charts.So, it's not a fit for this listing, IMHO. But, it has great potential as a film/TV replacement track for an AC song from the 70's or early 80's. It reminds me a bit of Lionel Richie from back then. I would work on making your performance and engineering on it the best possible and pitch it to that market. Things like that come up now and then. I'm sure some folks here can help you with suggestions along that line. Very beautiful...Good luck,Casey

jamesrjones
Active
Active

Post by jamesrjones » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:18 am

Hi Casey. Thanks for the feedback. I realized the link was streaming low speed. I think TAXI has had some problems with the default download stream. Anyways, I fixed that up.
Jim (Chucky)

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:30 am

good song....Nice vocals.....recording quality is definately good, too....IMO you'll find a home for it.....listen to the link stuff that Casey posted....finding the right listing for your tune is all you need to do, and a skill around here,,,VTBP