Newbie--

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

dolor44

Newbie--

Post by dolor44 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:10 am

Hi--I am a newbie to this forum.My collaboration work "Aurum" has had three or four forwards in the past three months.I was just wondering now what??

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Newbie--

Post by 53mph » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:13 am

Quote:Hi--I am a newbie to this forum.My collaboration work "Aurum" has had three or four forwards in the past three months.I was just wondering now what??Now, you wait. They may ring....they may not. A forward is no guarantee of a deal just that you have now entered the play-offs.But it's still a good thing.

jameii
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jameii » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:20 am

Welcome and CONGRATS!!!!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:03 am

Quote:Hi--I am a newbie to this forum.My collaboration work "Aurum" has had three or four forwards in the past three months.I was just wondering now what??Welcome aboard. Now you keep writing & producing and submit more pieces, and keep submitting that one as well. Don't look back, look forward.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by keithl » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:40 pm

repeat the mantra"Keep your head down and write...write...write"don't wait....if a forward turns into a deal, that is awesome. In the meantime, you are building up a library.

dolor44

Post by dolor44 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:03 pm

Thank you for your replies...I am always writing and have some great prospects. I will be going to record at Will Ackerman's studio in April---yahoo!!I was just wondering how long it takes before one gets contacted or if we get contacted. Has anyone here had the experience?

djdeweese
Impressive
Impressive

Post by djdeweese » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:38 pm

Hey Dolor44-- Read through the "TAXI Success Stories" area of the forum and you'll find lots of members who have signed some kind of placement deal - some for money and some with music libraries hoping to get a return in the future. I'm up to twenty-nine forwards over the last fifteen months, and am still waiting for my first call or email to sign a deal, so it can take a while before a forward turns into something more. The advice I've seen given quite often here is: be patient, and it will happen eventually. Best of luck-