Action Instrumentals Listing

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Action Instrumentals Listing

Post by marcblack30 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:59 am

I put together this track for this listing. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Would love any comments or suggestions. Last Action Drag:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... &stream=1A range of great-sounding ACTION INSTRUMENTALS [no vocals] are wanted by a U.K.-based Music Library/Publishing Co. for TV placement. In their own words: "We are seeking a variety of dramatic modern instrumentals with emphasis on energetic cinematic movement throughout the piece with a strong percussive edge. Any instrument emulations must be indistinguishable from the real thing. Stylish and slick production is essential; think movement within film trailers." They don't want tracks that sound like they were obviously MIDI generated ...Peace,Marc
-- Marc Blackwell

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Action Instrumentals Listing

Post by billg » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Marc! This is a cool action track. I think you might have a problem with the "any instrument emulations must be indistinguishable . . .etc" part of the listing. It sounds like they're going to be pretty picky about that. Also, your track cut off abruptly before it was finished I think -

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:29 pm

sounds good....not sure about the midi sounds, but the energy and music is right on!!!!Vicky

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:48 pm

hum, the track does cut off about half way, i'll have to upload it again.so, the midi sounds you're not sure about, is it the main talkbox synth that doesn't sound good, all the guitar parts are real?"any instrument emulations must be indistinguishable" what does this actually mean? not to use synth's or what, it's unclear to me.http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 8&stream=1
-- Marc Blackwell

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi MarcTo my ears, most of it doesn't sound very natural at all. I also think 35 seconds before you get to most interesting part is way too long- they will think that the percussion is all you have and turn it off. You want to hook 'em in by 15 seconds.I think the actual theme (guitar) you begin around 35 seconds with natural sounding drums and guitar could make the right type of energetic piece. This is not my best area of expertise but that's how I hear it. It does look like the listing leans to the high bar side. I hope I'm wrong... others here have a better ear for this.Regards,Casey

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:51 pm

Pretty good effort Marc,these days, this type of music is less uniform and usually has huge hits and builds happening almost constantly, not just a busy "action" groove. There tends to be a lot more development on the rhythm side of things...particularly since they are referencing "think movement within film trailers".I didn't have a problem with the synthetic nature of some of the sounds...most of that music has synthetic and sometimes even techno/electronica elements...that's almost implied when the term "dramatic modern instrumentals" is used. Guitars would be fine as well.It's really the overall form and vibe of this piece that isn't on target here...If you like, listen to some examples at the link I posted in this thread:http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?b ... 5HTH,matto

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:11 pm

Thanks all. I thought i had hit the nail on the head with this one but appears i may be wrong. I played it behind some action scenes from "gone in 60 seconds" and to me it was great! of course.This is my first attempt so there is still a ton to learn. Thanks for the helpful links, I'll make sure to bookmark them for reference.thanks,Marc
-- Marc Blackwell