tunes for soldiers/family listing

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

tunes for soldiers/family listing

Post by keithl » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:22 pm

Just wrapped up these two tonight. Thought you guys might take a listen.Not sure if they are fiitting the "pop" singer/songwriter, but I am proud of the tunes and content.Hopefully they get a forward, but if not, I am still glad I completed them.IF I FALLhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=106550&stream=1CAN YOU TELL ME WHYhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=1065 ... WRITER-POP SONGS (Male or Female) are wanted by a well-established Music Supervisor for a cable network TV series. This show tackles the issues and experiences that the families of soldiers might face. Lyrically, the possibilities are broad but you may want to focus on material that talks about family life/love and loyalty/long-distance relationships/heartbreak/”missing you”/life vs. death/etc. to stay along the lines of the show concept. They are looking for all tempos, but would like a more “pop” sound sonically. They are definitely open to both male and female vocals for this one. This is a broadcast quality listing, so be sure the recording sounds excellent! Please submit 2-3 songs online or per CD, include lyrics. As usual, you will be notified by email if you were Forwarded or Returned. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than Noon PST on Monday, Mar. 3, 2008. TAXI #D080303SS

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: tunes for soldiers/family listing

Post by ibanez468 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:43 am

Flat,Good songs dude! Not quite sure if they fit the pop category. But if not, I'm sure they'll work for some other listings. Good luck to ya'.ibanez468

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:59 am

Great tunes. Even better voice. First one is my favorite. Good luck to you. Paul

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by llama » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Hey B FlatOutstanding songs. IMHO Both are really excellent. restrained yet powerful. I enjoyed these imensely. I agree with Ibanez when he says that they may not fit this catagory. But I'm sure there is a place for these. Great work.Derek

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by keithl » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:26 pm

thanks guys,...yes...with the lyrical content, I found a struggle to make a pop song, but felt real strong about how they came out. Hopefully, somebody can connect with them at some point or maybe they can use it elsewhere for the series.

questor
Impressive
Impressive

Post by questor » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:09 am

Quote:Just wrapped up these two tonight. Thought you guys might take a listen.<SNIP>SINGER/SONGWRITER-POP SONGS (Male or Female) are wanted by <SNIP> you may want to focus on material that talks about family life/love and loyalty/long-distance relationships/heartbreak/”missing you”/life vs. death/etc. to stay along the lines of the show concept. <SNIP>I like the songs. THe vocals are very good with a *slight* Dylan-esq sound (on the endings of words) but still very unique. Unfortunately, I think the first song is not going to work simply because it is sort of about "Death", which the listing explicitly recommends staying away from that subject. I gotta figure they have a good reason for saying that.The second one also has references to saying goodbye (life disappearing, we ain't come home today, etc) so again, might run into the same problem. Definitely quality material though, so perhaps they would allow it. However, seems unlikely given the notation in the listing about subject matter. Excellent job, I just think a different listing might give them a better chance at getting the forward.

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by keithl » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:32 pm

Hey Questor,The way I read it, I think they are catagories:love and loyaltylong-distance relationshipsheartbreakmissing youlife vs deathHopefully that is the case...thanks for taking a listen!

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:15 pm

I listened to both of these songs and I like them. I posted my song in the Dispatch listing. I only did piano/ voice...totally ignoring the pop sound they asked for so I'll probably get returned I hope all of us get forwarded.Charlie

questor
Impressive
Impressive

Post by questor » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:07 am

Quote:Hey Questor,The way I read it, I think they are catagories:love and loyaltylong-distance relationshipsheartbreakmissing youlife vs deathHopefully that is the case...thanks for taking a listen!Makes sense. Hope it gets the forward as it is good stuff. Again, nice job.

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:51 am

Flat, finally got a chance to listen to these... not surprised by the forwards.... good luck... Geo