Morning Light- Comments please!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Morning Light- Comments please!

Post by bmete » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi Mike, Casey, Dean, Chuck & Bill,thanks so much for all the input...... this little tune has come a long way, all with your help...This is mix 4-- and almost final--- I cleaned up and re recorded the bass and added some bass amp effect for more texture.I do a lot of volunteering with the local high school jazz bands, I put the word out that I want to hire an aspiring percussionist to add the conga's and other Latin percussion, ( thanks for the suggestion). One of the bands in particular is one of Virginia's top bands and they always do a Latin feature.... Again my deepest appreciation is helping me with this tune...Morning Light mix #4 http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... ueQuestion: Being that I haven't added the conga's yet, and it is the general consensus that it is not Latin enough... do you think it is worth submitting it for the smooth jazz listing due tomorrow?Thanks!Bob

slideboardouts
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Morning Light- Comments please!

Post by slideboardouts » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Quote:THEN it hit me,,,,, I had an instruction manual on the keyboard, it kept sliding down a bit and would land on the pitch bend lever,, not enough to really bend the note but enough pressure to throw it out of pitch.lol... hilarious. I've done the same type of thing except for me its usually a manual/magazine/etc hitting a note on the midi controller. -Steve