MAGIC new/old

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

MAGIC new/old

Post by billg » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:45 am

This is a song that was forwarded in it's original acoustic guitar/vocal version for a folk/singer-songwriter listing. I added more production elements in an effort to hopefully be able to pitch it some more. I guess it's not folk anymore(?) . . . any comments welcome, ESPECIALLY "ala's" . . . that would be a big help! - billghttp://www.billgaunce.com/song/3

slowdance
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: MAGIC new/old

Post by slowdance » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:53 am

Bill,May have a Christian/Folk/Rock sound going on with this. Especially around the 2:05 mark. Check out groups like Casting Crowns or Rush of Fools you may hear some similar style and chord structure. I have to say that that lead vocal has that "folksy laid back feel" to it. Personally I liked the song.Regards,Dick

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:43 am

Thanks Dick, I'll go check out those groups. Just the sort of info I was looking for. Glad you like the song -

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by deantaylor » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:06 pm

Bill,I really grooved on this! Really liked it. Loved the feel of it. Lyric is quite abstract, but good! I got no ala's for you. (Other than the vox have a bit of a Dylan/Forbert feel in places.) Sorry. Actually, I think this is a good thing and a strong compliment for the songwriting/producing .. it means it is original (to me, at least), but may be bad for pitching. I think it would make a great film/tv song.Excellent work.Dean