Another Taxi Collab.

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Another Taxi Collab.

Post by deantaylor » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:42 am

Chits,Thanks for the feedback on FAITH. Agree with you on the Shania vibe. Young Days is only on Taxi right now. It is just a draft. We are making some changes and doing another version. I'll try to put our next version up on another site. I see you made some comments over there anyway .. I'll check them out .. I'd welcome your opinion of the lyric only .. maybe that's what you did!This is a really good song. Right in my personal listening zone. I too am a Forbert fan, too .. The American in Me is one of my favorite CD's.Maybe arcjack will record a live version and put it up for us to hear!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dean

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Bear in mind that the show won't go on until after tax season..... but I'll try and get video to go with the audio. AJ

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:02 pm

Quote:Bear in mind that the show won't go on until after tax season..... but I'll try and get video to go with the audio. AJIt's all good, AJ, no prob on the time element...... I'm jazzed if this comes to fruition. And yeah, it would be cool to see a video of you playing and singing it with your band. Dean, thanks once again for the nice compliments.....good luck with all your pitches too.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:55 pm

Here's an updated post.....we've got the final mix on the song done.....thanks to all of you for your suggestions....Bill G. took them to heart and he added some harmonies to the song. Also, Bill contacted Steve Gilbert to add some keys to the song, and we are very pleased with his results. No need to critique again, Bill and I mainly just want to acknowledge Steve's contribution, and post the final mix:http://www.billgaunce.com/song/4

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:43 pm

Really sounds great Chits and Bill, and awesome organs there Steve. I can hardly wait till spring....ArKJack

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:16 pm

what a great song, the production and everything sounds amazing! i really dig your vocals bill. nice job to all.
-- Marc Blackwell