Decided on Logic Studio

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Decided on Logic Studio

Post by bmete » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:32 pm

Hi,I started a thread right after the Road Rally asking for advice on which system to buy, Pro Tools or Logic Studio. Everyone on the boards was most helpful, then to top it off, Taxi had forwarded the thread to the Apple Product Manager I mentioned having spoken to. He sent me an e-mail, and we corresponded a number of times, he was extremely helpful, especially giving me that warm fuzzy feeling about making a big purchase. Well, I'm happy to report I bought the whole system, MACPRO with 2 hard drives, extra gig of ram, 23" monitor, LOGIC Studio. ( Firepod's on the way). The system is everything you all said it is. This made we wonder how many other TAXI members have purchased products from TAXI Sponsors AFTER the Road Rally. So I dropped Michael a note and asked if he'd mind if I polled the fellow DOT's to see if they have purchased products from Sponsors after the rally. WOW! Michael called and said he had no problem with it, could be some useful info. Thanks Michael enjoyed our conversation. So, If you have or are about to purchase any products from any of the Road Rally Sponsors, please let us know!Thanks!Bob

emusic
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Decided on Logic Studio

Post by emusic » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:57 pm

Not from after a rally (never been to one).Just wanted to chime in and tell you that I'm a most satisfied Logic Studio (Logig Pro 8) user. Upgraded 14 days ago from Pro 7 and the upgrade went smooth.For songwriting and arranging like I do I can't think of a better platform - thinking the new update to pro 8 is a great leap forward. The amount of instruments/loops and tools in that package is sooo huge.So now I'm writing every day and plan to enter as a Taxi member in january; first timer, to pitch for the Jan15 listing.Running a 2.5 Dual G5 with 2.5 GB ram, external GlyphTech Firewire 800 disks, and a Mackie Onyx 400F interface with a C-414 B XL II mic. Monitoring on Fostex PM-1 atm but just ordered an update in a pair of ADAMs A7 and a Sennheiser HD 650 headset.Let's make those great songs - the Logic way

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Decided on Logic Studio

Post by ragani » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:48 pm

Yup, I'm toying seriously with the idea of getting Logic as well. I've had ProTools on a Mac G4 system for the past six years, and I'm considering a new addition to my studio (Logic). At this point, I'm spending some time shadowing one of the producers at a studio in 'tosa (the owner was a panelist at the Rally three years ago). I'll keep you posted if/when I decide to make the purchase. RaagsP.S. This past Rally was super fabuloso!!!
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani