Rock Staff Writer -- Take Two

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ponch
Active
Active

Re: Rock Staff Writer -- Take Two

Post by ponch » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:04 pm

Quote:And BTW, Ponch, you ROCK. I could see your blurred fingers flying all the way from New Mexico. Oh man..thank YOU!, man I've tried not to be a dated guitarist you know ..but i just cant lie to my ears and what i feel about any songs.. this one need to be like this..lil bit spice up, i can do more or less than that..but i just can't lie to my ears. yes I believe I believe lol

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:30 pm

Hey y'allI've just finished a decent 1st draft of a ? tune. It's calledThe Magic in MeWhat genre is this? any suggestions and all comments are most welcome.UnbelievableInconceivableQuite achievableThe magic that’s in meSuddenly you appeared right here in my handsAlmost as if I had whispered some secret commandSurprising how my life is changingNow my world is so amazingThis is what I’m looking for It's exactly what I need You bring out the magic The magic that’s in meThis is all I’m hoping for It's everything I need You bring out the magic The magic that’s in meNothing up my sleeves, no tricks, I’ve got nothing to hideThe genie’s out the bottle on a magic carpet rideYou cast a spell now I’m enchantedEvery wish I want is grantedThis is what I’m looking for It's exactly what I need You bring out the magic The magic that’s in meThis is all I’m hoping for It's everything I need You bring out the magic The magic that’s in me© 2007Josiah BlountDavid L GrahamSteve Soucy

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:57 pm

Quote:Hey y'allI've just finished a decent 1st draft of a ? tune. It's calledThe Magic in MeWhat genre is this? any suggestions and all comments are most welcome.UnbelievableInconceivableQuite achievableThe magic that’s in meSuddenly you appeared right here in my handsAlmost as if I had whispered some secret commandSurprising how my life is changingNow my world is so amazingThis is what I’m looking for It's exactly what I need You bring out the magic The magic that’s in meThis is all I’m hoping for It's everything I need You bring out the magic The magic that’s in meNothing up my sleeves, no tricks, I’ve got nothing to hideThe genie’s out the bottle on a magic carpet rideYou cast a spell now I’m enchantedEvery wish I want is grantedThis is what I’m looking for It's exactly what I need You bring out the magic The magic that’s in meThis is all I’m hoping for It's everything I need You bring out the magic The magic that’s in me© 2007Josiah BlountDavid L GrahamSteve Soucy Hey, Bullldog. That's a nice first draft. Terrific Billy Joel opening. But the body of the song...VERY Dean Friedman. And to my ears, that's a good thing. Or at least a fun and familiar thing.Lyrically...you bring out the magicthe magic in me...is smoother and closer to the flow of the melody. But this is a blast of a first draft.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:05 pm

Quote:Here we go... the saga continues... One day left...still have some tweaking for "Save Me" before mastering it, but here's the latest version of...I Believe I BelieveAny closer?Wow, this rocks much more than the version I heard yesterday. Might want to bring the vox up a tiny notch since songwriting is the aim here, let them hear the words. Wild playing there, Ponch. Call me crazy but there's a flavour of Aerosmith in this.There's something about the chorus that's bugging me a bit. Not sure if I can put my finger on it. I wonder if it's the intervals & how the voice negotiates them. I'd suggest singing 'I believe in higher love, something more that we can (go up) dream of...' also, I suggest you change the last "I believe, I believe" to a soaring "I belieeeeeeeeve". That's what I long to hear. Of course I know this is 'only a demo' but...It's definitely got the "Gypsy Van" touch - great work guys.Hummin'bird PS - Aub, I sent you an email.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:28 am

Hey Aub,This song is ROKKKIN' like DOKKEN!!Sorry for the 80's reference ! I completely dig the guitar work on this song. I really miss good rock guitar players. Ponch has a marvelous tone!I fricking LURVE this song regardless of whether it hits the mark!!!Great work!No more comments, too busy rockin out! Cisco

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:32 am

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY PONCH!!!!Still rockin' out! Cisco

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:16 am

Quote:ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY PONCH!!!!Still rockin' out! CiscoYou know... the scary thing is that Ponch is holding back because he doesn't want to "show off". As he says... "just simple on this one" Aub

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:40 pm

In all the rush to submit... I just realized that I didn't post final versions. For all who have followed this quest, and especially those who have offered input THANK YOU!!!Hate Me Save MeI Believe I Believe Here's to Aub and Ponch, the newest staff writers for XXXXXXXX Music Group edited because I tweaked the Hate Me Save Me master a bit...

ponch
Active
Active

Post by ponch » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:27 pm

Quote:Great stuff - good luck to both of you. It is interesting hearing the songs evolve over time. Nice work Aub and Ponch.Michael, Thanks for checking out the music and yes hopefully we can make it. thanks again