First Try With Stylus RMX

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

chrisbee
Impressive
Impressive

First Try With Stylus RMX

Post by chrisbee » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:47 pm

OK, forum hounds - at the TAXI Rally this year, all my buds were flabbergasted that I, as a well paid library music writer (well... slightly, sort of, mostly kinda well paid ) was not using Stylus RMX or any sort of Stylus competitor's product for looping. Yes, like an idiot I was painstakingly building all loops from scratch, which is why they were taking me 47.3 times longer than Matto's! Anyway, so I ordered it from West LA Music before I left, and though they took their d*mn getting it to me, I finally did my first tune with it earlier this week! I.Love.It.!! That's all I gotta say. I thought I'd post a link to the tune.Personally, I think I've got 1,000,000 miles to go to learn how to use it tastefully and subtly, but hey - I had fun and began learning to use an amazing piece of gear!!If anyone wants to comment on the tune, you are more than welcome to!Thanks!cbhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=82636&stream=1

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First Try With Stylus RMX

Post by matto » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:58 pm

Cool tune Chris!Have you downloaded the Tutorials from Spectrasonics' website?They are fantastic and watching them will blow your mind...the possibilities with this thing are endless.Also, in case you didn't know, you can buy all of the 5 Spectrasonics expanders for RMX on special right now (for a month only) for $99...they normally retail for $99 EACH.

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:47 pm

Hey Chris,Very nice work on your first Stylus adventure! Tell me that wasn't a blast working with those elements!!Welcome to the Stylus Junkies User Group!! Like Matt said, jump all over those expanders. They are a steal right now.Best,Cisco

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:33 am

Chris,I had to bug the daylights out of West LA to get the Italian Grand expander for Ivory as well.I'm glad Stylus has finally landed. As I said to you at the Rally "It will change your life"As someone has already mentioned, jump on this deal for the expanders. I paid nearly $500 for all of them and you can get them for $99. I'm still amazed at how well all of the expanders play well with each other. Spectrasonics also has put together multis combining the expanders. I will occasionally use one of these as a starting point to jump start an idea.I will be interested to see how this tool impacts your output over time. Not to get you to spend even more money, but take a look at EZ Drummer at some point. It's a great compliment to Stylus with a focus on more acoustic sounding drums. Drop and drag loops just like Stylus. Requires more tweeking than Stylus to get a "studio" sound. Also has expanders and more to come.Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

boardman
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by boardman » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:36 am

I dig the song. Has a 80's sitcom theme vibe with more modernized sounds. Just got Stylus myself....quite the program .Hope to hear more stuff!!!

chrisbee
Impressive
Impressive

Post by chrisbee » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:24 pm

Thanks to everybody who commented - Michael, you're right. It could use more low end - it's a little amorphous down there. I think I was paying too much attention to my new toy!I did buy the expanders - they are now on their way!Thanks everybodycb