just a closer walk a la moi

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

just a closer walk a la moi

Post by hummingbird » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:10 pm

Well, here's what I've been working on tonight. Feedback appreciated I think I'll redo the lead vocal in the am, need to smooth it out a little. It's sort of new agey gospel Just a Closer Walkhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=6524 ... ueOriginal versions of the Traditional/Public Domain spiritual hymn/song "JUST A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE" are needed by a Music Library/Publisher with many high-level network contacts and TAXI song placements (mostly network TV shows). Both VOCAL and INSTRUMENTAL versions are OK. A cappella versions are fine as well. They're open to a fairly wide variety of instrumentation, but keep it as close to a traditional arrangement as possible. Great performances are essential. Broadcast quality needed [great sounding home recordings are OK].
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: just a closer walk a la moi

Post by geo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:30 pm

Good morning HB, really interesting vibe on the track, I get a 'Nawlins funeral march kinda feel off the treatment, very nice. It reminded me off the "Crossroads" soundtrack (not Brit, the karate kid one) with RY Coder (?) (love the final battle scene in that movie ) the backups envoked a slide guitar feel, I like it, good job and good luck... Geo

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:20 am

Hi HummingbirdI like it.... very soothing and traditional..... I did a rendition or two as well... but I can't figure out how to post the link to my taxi page where you can hear it....its on my taxi arkjack page in taxi .... good luck with it..ArkJack

eokamura
Impressive
Impressive

Post by eokamura » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:44 am

Hey there HB, Nice stuff, reminded me of the scene in O Brother Where art thou when they "go down to the river and pray." Perhaps adding some subtle instrumentation as it goes along to help maintain interest? Good luck, eo.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:12 pm

Thanks Geo, Arkjack, Eokamura, & Squid, for the listen and feedback -- it is MUCH appreciated... I just posted a remix, and I've submitted it. We'll see what happens
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website