She Got Groove - next to last song for album

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: She Got Groove - next to last song for album

Post by aubreyz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:25 pm

Is she groovin' yet? In the time frame that I have, this may have to do for now. She Got GroovePlanning on submitting this and a couple of others to this listing:Quote:Cool, edgy ROCK SONGS (with vocals - male or female) with a healthy dash of 1970s GLAM and GARAGE thrown in a la the New York Dolls, Iggy Pop, Slade, David Bowie, D Generation, T. Rex, the Strokes, etc. are needed by a West Coast Publisher for numerous TV projects on their plate. Lyrical content isn’t too important, but your songs must be well-written and free of profanity. Energetic songs with catchy choruses and great guitar licks/hooks will work best. Great overall performances are required. This company has signed and placed dozens of TAXI songs in the last few years and they typically offer exclusive deals. Broadcast quality needed - great sounding home recordings are OK. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. As always, we will notify everyone via e-mail, whether your submissions have been Forwarded or Returned. Submissions must be received no later than 4:00 pm, Pacific Standard Time (California time), Friday, Oct. 5, 2007. TAXI # D071005RKbtw-- after I posted this, I went back and changed the bridge--

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:38 pm

Aub,I really like the new mix. I think it was a good choice to bring the backing vox back as far as you did on the chorus, the vibey chords are good there.I think you captured what the listing is looking for, I got a Bowie, Iggy Pop feel from this one, the bridge really evokes those guys.I think you're gonna get something from this and I don't mean an STD! Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

johnhampt
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by johnhampt » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:36 am

New Mix = great song Definetely a Bowie thing going on