Re: Real Time Dispatch Composition

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:38 pm

Shouldn't be a prob for Mr. "i can knock out a new song everyday" I like the melodic idea so far, though first listen - thought the prechorus was the chorus and the chorus was a bridge that came in early.Good luck. I'll think about ya while I'm sleeping. Aub

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:58 pm

Quick note-- From the listing:NO LOVE SONGS - they’re open to all lyrical topics except love/relationship songs as they wish to diversify their catalogue.edit-- Luck sounds so much like love, I thought that was the lyric

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:02 pm

i have a few minutes here for an ear/brain break -- post up or PM me some lyrics if you want some quicky ideas/notes

adrianne76
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by adrianne76 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:03 pm

I like it. The chorus sticks in my head. But, it sounds like you're saying "love laughed last", so you might be right on the tongue twister part.I can't believe you just whipped this up. That is awesome. An enviable skill indeed.Good luck!

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:36 pm

Quote:I can't believe you just whipped this up. That is awesome. An enviable skill indeed.Good luck!They're going to have to lower the Dispatch times to three hours to keep Songwriter and Aub out My stupid 2c - really like the melody, the upclose vocal, the 1,5 (or maj7 whatever) piano interludes at 1.00, 2.20 and 3.08 and the layered arrangement style. Thought the sound of the first crunch gtr sample at around 2 56 sounded a bit iffy. Wondered if three piano breaks was too many? As I said - 2c.The luck does sound like love. But I don't know if that's been put into my head reading the posts above!!Good luck. I'm putting baby back to bed and going myself. Put up the final version. Would love to hear it.Liam

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:06 pm

I'm gonna have to get back to work now... but will check in later -- be sure to tweak the velocity on the repetitive piano part -- sounds very mechanical right now.Aub

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:35 am

I really like where you are going with this one-- though I like most all of your stuff Just a quick note, for some reason the first guitar part sounds more "fake" than what I normally hear from you. I can clearly tell it's not real. Also, the tone makes the intro sounds a little more like a country song than pop -- though when your vocal kicks in it settles that question nicely