Gotta Be Good Looking to Be Bad

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Gotta Be Good Looking to Be Bad

Post by sgs4u » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:24 am

Chits, I listened and was about to post my thoughts, but Aub covered every one of 'em, and then some! In much clearer detail than I could've. Just always remember to get a minus mix when you pay for recordings, so you CAN change lyrics or melodies later if you need to. It's a lot cheaper, than hiring that wonderful band again. steve

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:18 am

Quote:Just always remember to get a minus mix when you pay for recordings, so you CAN change lyrics or melodies later if you need to. It's a lot cheaper, than hiring that wonderful band again. Yep. Let 'em know up front that you'll need a 2mix no voc just in case you decide to do a rewrite. If you use Larry B, he'll prolly dubone off for you, for next to nuthin.Hey billg, great bridge lyric! So far:Chorus:She's a dial-up darlin in a broadband world.Every time I try to email this girl.She drives me mad but she's worth a whirl.'Cause she's a dial-up darlin' in a broadband world.Bridge:Her modem chokes & spits like a catbein' hit on the head with a baseball batAnd though it may take an hour or twoShe's worth it when I do get through!One or two more cowriters with two killer verses and we can all gang-pitch this puppy. I too hear it as Paisley-esque. bc

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:55 am

Quote:Quote:Just always remember to get a minus mix when you pay for recordings, so you CAN change lyrics or melodies later if you need to. It's a lot cheaper, than hiring that wonderful band again. Yep. Let 'em know up front that you'll need a 2mix no voc just in case you decide to do a rewrite. If you use Larry B, he'll prolly dubone off for you, for next to nuthin.Hey billg, great bridge lyric! So far:Chorus:She's a dial-up darlin in a broadband world.Every time I try to email this girl.She drives me mad but she's worth a whirl.'Cause she's a dial-up darlin' in a broadband world.Bridge:Her modem chokes & spits like a catbein' hit on the head with a baseball batAnd though it may take an hour or twoShe's worth it when I do get through!One or two more cowriters with two killer verses and we can all gang-pitch this puppy. I too hear it as Paisley-esque. bcBC and Steve, I did use Larry B. I didn't get a 'minus mix' or '2 mix" when I first got the demo done. I am so new to all this, but I can call Larry if I do decide to redemo this and see what he can do. Thanks for your thoughts, Steve. As always, it's appreciated. Now on to BC's and Bill's collaboration, "Dial Up Darling" (great alliteration there, btw).... LOL, I can't improve upon what you've come up with. Seriously, I think it's great! I wouldn't even try to add to it, and you might have done this as little exercise here, but it pops with originality....you two have written some unique stuff here. You might think this silly, but I know both you guys write really good stuff, so you ought to get together and finish and record this thing! Wouldn't it be cool if this resulted in a foward for you both? I think it has some cool lyrics, and a universal theme since so many people surf the internet...yes, very Paisleyesque.Anyway, I'm in and out for Labor Day....I owe some folks a PM or two, and I'll answer them ASAP....when this holiday leaves my schedule less crazy.

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:24 pm

Quote:Quote:Just always remember to get a minus mix when you pay for recordings, so you CAN change lyrics or melodies later if you need to. It's a lot cheaper, than hiring that wonderful band again. Yep. Let 'em know up front that you'll need a 2mix no voc just in case you decide to do a rewrite. If you use Larry B, he'll prolly dubone off for you, for next to nuthin.Hey billg, great bridge lyric! So far:Chorus:She's a dial-up darlin in a broadband world.Every time I try to email this girl.She drives me mad but she's worth a whirl.'Cause she's a dial-up darlin' in a broadband world.Bridge:Her modem chokes & spits like a catbein' hit on the head with a baseball batAnd though it may take an hour or twoShe's worth it when I do get through!One or two more cowriters with two killer verses and we can all gang-pitch this puppy. I too hear it as Paisley-esque. bcMy amateurish attempt to join in with a last verse:Sometimes the crackle and hiss seem to twist my fate,I'm sure all of my mails are getting sent too late.I should just follow my heart, it would probably get better,If I sat down with my thoughts and simply wrote her a letter. Liam

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:35 pm

V1?Chorus:She's a dial-up darlin in a broadband world.Every time I try to email this girl.She drives me mad but she's worth a whirl.'Cause she's a dial-up darlin' in a broadband world.V2:Sometimes the crackle and hiss seem to twist my fate,I'm sure all of my mails are getting sent too late.I should just follow my heart, it would probably get better,If I sat down with my thoughts and simply wrote her a letter. Chorus:She's a dial-up darlin in a broadband world.Every time I try to email this girl.She drives me mad but she's worth a whirl.'Cause she's a dial-up darlin' in a broadband world.Bridge:Her modem chokes & spits like a catbein' hit on the head with a baseball batAnd though it may take an hour or twoShe's worth it when I do get through!Chorus:x2She's a dial-up darlin in a broadband world.Every time I try to email this girl.She drives me mad but she's worth a whirl.'Cause she's a dial-up darlin' in a broadband world.One more verse, syllables matched up to V2 of course.;-)\bc

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:57 am

OMG, bc, you could be describing chits! WELL done, well done!

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:32 am

I agree, Squid, BC's written some really good lyrics here....along with Bill and Liam.....I left BC an earlier message.....seriously, they should get together behind the scenes and demo and finish this. It could be first for TAXI, a three TAXI member co-write.

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:45 am

Maybe this way... Dial-up Darlin'bc, Bill and Liam, so far.Intro/ChorusShe's a dial-up darlin in a broadband world.Every time I try to email this girl.She drives me mad but she's worth a whirl.'Cause she's a dial-up darlin' in a broadband world.V1:Sometimes the crackle and hiss seem to twist my fate,I'm sure all of my mails are getting sent too late.I should just follow my heart, it would probably get better,If I sat down with my thoughts and simply wrote her a letter.Chorus:She's a dial-up darlin in a broadband world.Every time I try to email this girl.She drives me mad but she's worth a whirl.'Cause she's a dial-up darlin' in a broadband world.V2:??? needs a verse here.Chorus:Bridge:Her modem chokes & spits like a catbein' hit on the head with a baseball batAnd though it may take an hour or twoShe's worth it when I do get through!Chorus/outtro:x2She's a dial-up darlin in a broadband world.Every time I try to email this girl.She drives me mad but she's worth a whirl.'Cause she's a dial-up darlin' in a broadband world.